Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2016 Lincoln Shield Cent struck through on reverse?  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
142 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  7:54 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I just found this one in change and it has a nice gash on the reverse but it doesnít look normal. You will see from the pics but it goes through the O in ONE and thereís still a faint O under the mark. What do yíall think? Is this a keeper?

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1882 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  8:02 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm pretty sure it's a Struck Through. Nice find.
Errors And Varietys.
Valued Member
United States
142 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks e&v. It would be my first. Youíve had a couple nice ones lately too.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1882 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You're welcome. I love your Struck Through. Maybe Struck Through debris of some kind? I am going to pickup another bank box from my bank tomorrow across the street after my shift from Walmart ends. I will post if I find any errors or Varieties. Also, you're getting better in learning what errors and Varieties you have found.
Errors And Varietys.
Valued Member
United States
142 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  8:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks man, Iíve been just looking at shields the last few days and cannot find a dd. But Iíve The day off tomorrow and maybe find something then as well.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1882 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  8:22 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No problem. Plus you're not just learning from me, but from everyone on CCF. Is this your first Struck Through or have you found a couple more?
Errors And Varietys.
Valued Member
United States
142 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  8:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yea thatís my first one, still looking for a shield dd but Iím looking for the most obvious ones. A lot of them are so minor they drive me crazy trying to verify them. Lol
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1882 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Same here when they are minor. Eventually, you will find a LSC Doubled Die.
Errors And Varietys.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3453 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  10:31 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It does look like a genuine struck-through error. Maybe a rim burr?
"When you make the finding yourself - even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light - you'll never forget it."
-Carl Sagan
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1882 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2017  12:39 am  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Spruett001 that's what I was thinking, just I should have mentioned it. Willburton, now you need to look for a shaved off rim that shows the Zinc core. Is there a shaved off rim on any areas of the rim? Because when I found my first Struck Through Rim Burr error, the rim north of the shaving was shaved off and was later struck onto my coin aka a Struck Through.
Errors And Varietys.
Edited by Errors and Varietys
10/11/2017 12:42 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19961 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2017  04:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a rim burr to me,nice find.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
142 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2017  08:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Iíll look into it thanks again guys
Valued Member
United States
142 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2017  08:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I guess it is a rim burr. Never heard of them but glad to find one. Thanks for the info again!!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1882 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2017  08:25 am  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You're welcome. Make sure to put it in a 2x2 coin flip if you haven't. That's a good one too.
Errors And Varietys.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.65 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05