Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1921-P Morgan Dollar Vam?  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
2559 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  11:06 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add srs77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Looking for anyone who'd like to take a stab at this 1921-P Morgan. Die cracks on the reverse but nothing else is jumping out at me. Need to clear my head and try again but if anyone would like to help it's much appreciated..

ANA Member 3171274
Vamming? What's that?
Learn More...
United States
23396 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2017  12:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I keyed on the die cracks, like you, without result. Then I had a go based on what look like a couple of prominent straight lines in the scribbles area, again without luck.

In the fullsize images I see what looks like promising doubling on the left and bottom of the wreath, toward the rim. Might have a go at detailing that and the scribbles area (the Scribbles Guide is getting pretty darn good), and maybe look at the obverse stars just in case.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2559 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2017  09:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add srs77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks ssuperdave, that's where I will continue my search.
ANA Member 3171274
Vamming? What's that?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2559 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2017  11:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add srs77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Think I may have it identified finally. I believe it is VAM 3EX2. On the reverse, the letter 'F' mass the finger guide mark in the correct position and the makings of the fire file line coMing from the first 'S' in states. I'm going too keep digging but this is the most promising so far...
ANA Member 3171274
Vamming? What's that?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05