Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2018 World War I Centennial Silver Medals

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14
Pillar of the Community
United States
625 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2018  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Check BadDog's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is the Mint still shipping these medals? The combined mintage keeps going down (now at 56933, down a bit over 9% from the high of 62,660). I would have thought that with the 7 day return privilege that the total would have stabilized by now.
Pillar of the Community
United States
625 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Check BadDog's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
An even bigger drop this week

Total production now stands at 53,652. Down -3.281 for the week.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
10892 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  7:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I would have thought that with the 7 day return privilege that the total would have stabilized by now.

That's only for small collectors not big buyers.
Pillar of the Community
United States
625 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  8:17 pm  Show Profile   Check BadDog's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are you saying that the 7 day return privilege for Numismatic Customers changes depending upon the size of the order? So, in effect, there is a different category of customer?

I thought there were only 3 types of direct buyers: Bulk Program Buyers (and Commemoratives aren't part of this program), Bullion Program Buyers and Numismatic Program buyers. Do large buyers somehow have a different category unto themselves?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10892 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  9:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Are you saying that the 7 day return privilege for Numismatic Customers changes depending upon the size of the order? So, in effect, there is a different category of customer?

I thought there were only 3 types of direct buyers: Bulk Program Buyers (and Commemoratives aren't part of this program), Bullion Program Buyers and Numismatic Program buyers. Do large buyers somehow have a different category unto themselves?

More or less just saying that if you spend enough money you get different rules, same which is true with any business. It's more likely that the return numbers have a good chunk from one source than that 3,200 people each returned one last week or that the 10k returns they have had have been all small collector type buyers.

Personally I am happy that it's happening again like it generally does every time they do a mint to demand take orders then mint it type product. I hate when they do things with long delays like that and hopefully they'll learn a lesson from the pattern
Pillar of the Community
United States
571 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2018  12:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RPT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There isn't a lot of secondary market traffic with the World War I coins. Usually it's pretty easy to get the proof and BU issue in a 69 graded holder for about the same price or less than the mint. No eBay sellers seem to be doing 99 cent auctions with 69s.
Valued Member
United States
208 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2018  12:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm missing something. How does cumulative production decrease?
Why collect coins? Memory is the second thing to go. The use of money is the last thing to go.
Pillar of the Community
United States
625 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2018  1:28 pm  Show Profile   Check BadDog's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's really sales, but the Mint calls their webpage Production Sales Figures. The decrease is due to returns.
Pillar of the Community
United States
571 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2018  10:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RPT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pinehurst Coins on eBay has the Army, Navy, and Marine sets in PF70 holders for $99.95 shipped if anyone is interested.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-Proof...em28606f8cf0
Learn More...
United States
60275 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2018  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Pinehurst Coins on eBay has the Army, Navy, and Marine sets in PF70 holders for $99.95 shipped if anyone is interested.
They do look good, but not $100 good.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4210 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2018  06:58 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Isn't $100 right around the issue price raw from the Mint? These are graded 70's...I'm not really into commems but if I was I would grab them...
Learn More...
United States
60275 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2018  12:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You are right. However, the dollar and medal pairings were never on my must-have list (I really wanted a five medal set).

Anyway, they are definitely $100 good for anyone who wants them, that is just not me.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
639 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2018  12:45 pm  Show Profile   Check dd27's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add dd27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

They're sold out now - they sold 21 Marine Corps sets. I would have bought one for a buddy who is a Marine. He's not active duty or reserve, but he educated me early on ...

Me: "So you were a Marine?"

My friend: "No, I am a Marine."

He's a great man - awesome husband & father, very compassionate, but you also know that he's not someone you wanna offend.

~ Mark

P.S. Pinehurst has all 5 medals plus 1 proof dollar, all NGC-70, for only ... $1099. At the same time, they've apparently sold 3 out of 8 sets for that price.
Mark Worthen, Park City, UT
Edited by dd27
07/23/2018 12:47 pm
Valued Member
United States
420 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2018  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Check captainrich's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add captainrich to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ATTENTION: I jumped on eBay on the 21st and bought both the Marines and Army sets from PinehurstCoins for $99 per set, as mentioned above by RPT. Pinehurst left me positive feedback and I was awaiting shipment, when a guy named Brian called me about an hour ago. He told me over the phone that Pinehurst could not honor the price that I paid, but he was able to offer me a $50 discount on the actual price of $299.00 per set. When I told him the whole deal sounded like a Bait-and-Switch scam to me, he relented and offered me the sets for $199 each. Pinehurst Coins likes to boast that "Customer service is our number one goal," but profit seems to be its ultimate goal!

Edited by captainrich
07/23/2018 6:52 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
626 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2018  7:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wow that's bad
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.46 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05