Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2018 World War I Centennial Silver Medals

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14
Learn More...
United States
60204 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2018  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So to get one each of all 5 medals it would cost $500 and you would also have 5 dollars that are all the same.

Correct?
Correct. And I think it really stinks.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8648 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2018  6:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Stinkeroo
Pillar of the Community
United States
616 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  4:21 pm  Show Profile   Check BadDog's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So, if you don't want to pay $500 + $5 shipping for a set of 5 medals from the Mint, what would you pay in the secondary market?

The Mint is pricing a coin/medal set at $100 and the coin itself at $57. This sort of implies a price of $43 for a medal (a relative bargain compared to last year's Liberty medals) or $215 for a 5 medal set, but I doubt if you'll be able to get a set for that price.

My "guess" is that you'll see ungraded 5 medal sets priced at a no less than $400 on eBay. At that price you'd net around $340 after eBay fees, PayPal fees and shipping. If you then flipped the 5 coins at $50 each (net of around $41), you'd end up with a profit of around $40. Not that much given all of the uncertainties.

So what's a fair price for a set of ungraded medals? Anyone else have a guess?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4088 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  6:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Debrajc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You are reading it correctly Foxwoods.
Edited by Debrajc
01/13/2018 6:32 pm
Learn More...
United States
60204 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  11:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So what's a fair price for a set of ungraded medals? Anyone else have a guess?
You are probably right, at least for the first few weeks or even months, but I do not believe those prices will hold long term.

I like the medals, but not for that kind of money. I would be happy to find each of them a few years from now closer to that $43 value. Of course I could be wrong. Only time will tell.
Valued Member
United States
166 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2018  3:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd like to get a set of these medals to include with the silver presidential medals from the coin/currency sets, and the american liberty silver medals from 2016 and 2017, but $500 dollars is a big chunk of change. I'm thinking I might gamble and buy just one, the coast guard medal. It is my favorite to look at, and probably will be the lowest mintage of the five.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4210 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2018  3:24 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think one is very appropriate. I can't justify the five bills for the set though....besides...I'm spending all my cash on the Clark P's
Edited by Foxwoods Man
01/16/2018 3:25 pm
Learn More...
United States
60204 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2018  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We can always hope that sales are not that good and they eventually decide to offer a five medal set.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4210 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2018  4:51 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These will be toast pretty quickly...all bought by the Big Boy's that can absorb the multiple high mintage dollars. No HH limits is the key...

With 350k of the dollars minted they will just eventually dump them and absorb the loss just to get all the medals...and graded medals at that

Dollars will probably not sell out
Learn More...
United States
60204 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2018  4:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh well. I guess I will just wait to see how these price out on the secondary market in a few years.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10888 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2018  5:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
These will be toast pretty quickly...all bought by the Big Boy's that can absorb the multiple high mintage dollars.

Especially since everything else the mint is doing is a huge snooze fest and the medals are the best art they're going to put out all year
Pillar of the Community
United States
2498 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2018  7:01 pm  Show Profile   Check Darth Morgan's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Darth Morgan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At first I didn't really care for the design of the silver dollar, but it's starting to grow on me. The Army meda is my favorite.
My Eisenhower dollar Complete Variety Set, Circulation Strikes and Proof (PCGS Registry) - https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/do...edset/119137
Valued Member
United States
166 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2018  8:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You would think they could at least put WW1 on the coin
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8648 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2018  11:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So who's lining up to grab these in 30 minutes?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3778 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2018  11:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not me, they broke me last year!
Page: of 14  Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.81 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05