Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2018 World War I Centennial Silver Medals

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14
Learn More...
United States
60204 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3879 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2018  12:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I ordered one of each medal set plus an uncirculated SD. It only took about a minute to order and checkout. The smooth flow of the web site could indicate that quite a few folks are sitting on the sidelines for this one.

Collecting history, one commemorative coin (or medal) at a time!
Original content (c) Commems, 2012-2018
Edited by commems
01/17/2018 12:10 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8648 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2018  12:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All five sets are on backorder at this time.
Learn More...
United States
60204 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2018  12:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I still really wish they offered a five medal set. Or even a dollar with five medals set.
Valued Member
United States
126 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2018  12:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Taphandle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These were on my mind this morning, went and did a job, came home to leaking in my dining room. I got up on the roof and started smashing the ice off the roof and out of the gutters. Needless to say I lost track of time and got on the mints site at 12:20. I went straight to the Navy medal and it said "on back order", I was figuring and hoping that is because they are minting to order. I was able to put the order through without issue. So now I guess we wait until May?
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2018  1:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sgmbrock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I logged on five minutes before sale and was able to order the Army and Air Service sets along with 1 each of proof and uncirculated. No problems !
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4210 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2018  1:11 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
oops...let's try again

For those who ordered early were you actually able to add sets to your "bag"? ..or was the backorder status there

I would think they would start as backorderd until the max 100k sets is reached they go currently available/sold out
Edited by Foxwoods Man
01/17/2018 1:17 pm
Valued Member
United States
166 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2018  1:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When I ordered they had an add to bag bar and a backorder bar. I wonder if they had a few thousand of each minted
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2018  1:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sgmbrock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Foxwoods, my four items went directly into "bag" and then I went through checkout. Already have confirmation of my order by email.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2498 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2018  1:42 pm  Show Profile   Check Darth Morgan's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Darth Morgan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was able to buy 20 sets (5 each) with no problem. Actually..... no. No, I didn't.

I'm going to purchase the proof and uncirculated dollars, though. Gonna wait a bit.
My Eisenhower dollar Complete Variety Set, Circulation Strikes and Proof (PCGS Registry) - https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/do...edset/119137
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4210 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2018  1:54 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Foxwoods, my four items went directly into "bag" and then I went through checkout. Already have confirmation of my order by email.

Thanks...that's exactly how it is working now...so no change

Ship in May
Learn More...
United States
60204 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2018  2:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I was able to buy 20 sets (5 each) with no problem. Actually..... no. No, I didn't.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4210 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2018  2:13 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
He had me on that one also...
Pillar of the Community
United States
616 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2018  5:01 pm  Show Profile   Check BadDog's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I ordered one of each medal set plus an uncirculated SD.

Commems,

If you don't mind my asking, what's your plan for the proof $? Keep them all? Sell all but one?

Just wondering what folks who spring for the full set of medals are going to do with all of those $1 proofs
Pillar of the Community
United States
875 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2018  10:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mfhorn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So, it's just the sets that are on back order. I ordered one each of the coins, and it didn't say back ordered until May.
Page: of 14  Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.86 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05