Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2018 US Mint Product Schedule  

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
United States
163 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2017  10:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The bulk set I assume was a result of that mint forum held in 2015. There were some bulk purchasers there who asked for a set without all the packaging because of the time it took to open each set. It makes sense to buy it this way if you're just submitting them to be encapsulated anyways, save manpower in the process.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
289 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2017  11:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mtuma3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2 proof Silver Eagles... W in January, S in the Spring... Didn't see an annual dollar set once again.
ANA Member
Mark
Official Snowbird!
Illinois in Summer, Florida in Winter
Learn More...
United States
57920 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2017  1:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Didn't see an annual dollar set once again.
I doubt you will without something like the Presidential dollar series to fill out the set.
Valued Member
United States
195 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2017  3:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Didn't see an annual dollar set once again

Yup I was bummed as well when I didn't see one.

Quote:
I doubt you will without something like Presidential dollar series to fill out the set.

For me it doesn't even have to be Presidential dollars. I just want something like they do with the quarters but with dollar coins instead. Quarters are cool but dollars are better

Learn More...
United States
57920 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2017  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
For me it doesn't even have to be Presidential dollars. I just want something like they do with the quarters but with dollar coins instead. Quarters are cool but dollars are better
Well, I said something like it.

Without some sort of special series issuing four or more coins per year, there there is only one dollar coin for this "set" (two if you throw in an ASE).
Valued Member
United States
195 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2017  10:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Without some sort of special series issuing four or more coins per year

I figured the Mint already had something in place knowing the Presidential dollars were coming to an end.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8365 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2017  10:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is talk of an "innovation" $1 coin series or something similar. But clearly at least not until 2019, if it happens.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1011 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2017  09:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hope the add a enhanced uncirculated Coin & Currency Set to the mix.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3796 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2017  09:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I figured the Mint already had something in place knowing the Presidential dollars were coming to an end.

At this time, the US Mint can not produce new dollar coins without authorizing legislation from Congress. The Mint can only change a coin's design on its own if said coin has not had a design change in 25 or more years. As we have had many new dollar coin designs (authorized by Congress) over the last decade, the Mint does not currently have the authority to introduce a new series on its own.

Quote:
There is talk of an "innovation" $1 coin series or something similar.

A bill for such a dollar coin series was introduced in the House during the last session of Congress, but it did not move beyond assignment to the House Committee on Financial Services.

New bills have been introduced in the House and Senate in the current session of Congress, but neither has moved past its assignment to committee. So far, neither the House nor Senate appears to be making the bill a priority as each sits in committee with relatively few co-sponsors.

Each bill "directs the Department of the Treasury to mint and issue American Innovation $1 coins commemorating an innovation, an individual innovator or pioneer, or a group of innovators or pioneers from each state, each U.S. territory, and the District of Columbia. Treasury shall issue four coins per year, in alphabetical order by jurisdiction, until a coin has been issued for each jurisdiction."

It's hard to assess the mood in Congress on this one. As a whole, it may believe that the annual design changes of the Native American dollar are enough for a denomination that does not circulate.

As always, time will tell!

Collecting history, one commemorative coin (or medal) at a time!
Original content (c) Commems, 2012-2018
Pillar of the Community
United States
7489 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2017  09:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Each bill "directs the Department of the Treasury to mint and issue American Innovation $1 coins commemorating an innovation, an individual innovator or pioneer, or a group of innovators or pioneers from each state, each U.S. territory, and the District of Columbia. Treasury shall issue four coins per year, in alphabetical order by jurisdiction, until a coin has been issued for each jurisdiction.

If they do end up doing this, I fear that it will overload the market. We already have the State Quarters, and the ATB Quarters and kind of a stretch. It feels like they are desperate to keep the State Quarter program alive, or at least the most profitable parts of it.

On a more positive note, that reverse proof set is tempting...
Sets in progress... Mercury dimes, Washington quarters, 7070 Type Set
View my collection here! http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10518
ANA: 3183215
Edited by CoinCollector2012
10/20/2017 09:57 am
Learn More...
United States
57920 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2017  10:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It is not really up to the mint. Congress has to legislate the program and, well, Congress has not been very effective lately.

As mentioned above, there are attempts at a new program...

http://goccf.com/t/269780
http://goccf.com/t/280245
http://goccf.com/t/289949
Valued Member
United States
195 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2017  4:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
As a whole, it may believe that the annual design changes of the Native American dollar are enough for a denomination that does not circulate.

You may be right with this. On one of the sites it even had a percentage indicator of how likely it was the bill would pass and it was really low like 7 or 8 percent. Too bad too because IMO the American Innovations idea would make a great series. Four coins a year spread out over 14 years......but as you said, time will tell.
Valued Member
United States
195 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2017  4:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
We already have the State Quarters, and the ATB Quarters and kind of a stretch. It feels like they are desperate to keep the State Quarter program alive, or at least the most profitable parts of it.

I've never been a big fan of the state quarters so I would be ok replacing them with a dollar coin series
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10455 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2017  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If they do end up doing this, I fear that it will overload the market. We already have the State Quarters, and the ATB Quarters and kind of a stretch.

I wouldn't have any worries about overloading the market. Quarter and Dollar collectors aren't necessarily the same, and when you look at major world mints the product offerings from the US mint is BY FAR the smallest. Even the British mint has a much more expansive product offering and they're a rather conservative mint overall. Product expansion would be good for the US mint, then they could stop offering the same things n five different packages.
Learn More...
United States
57920 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2017  4:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree. I do not see it overloading a market that just contracted when the Presidential dollar series ended.
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.94 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05