I am not from America, but given that most members of this forum are and the fact that I like US coins
, I decided to post this. I just thought it would be a fun challenge.
(The original topic at http://goccf.com/t/285995
Basically I invite you all to help building a complete set of regular-issue business strike circulating and commemorative US coins
struck prior to 1964. (Please note extreme rarities such as 1933 $20 or 1870-S $3 are obviously going to be left out).
- We will begin with 1964 and do it year by year in descending order. You cannot post a coin from 1963, for example, before we complete 1964.
- Only business strike coins. Commemorative, proofs, and other NCLT are not part of this. (Thus 1913 LHNs, 1894-S Barber dimes
or 1804 dollars are not part of this set).
- No moving to the previous year until all these are posted for the year at which we are.
- Do not post duplicate coins unless your example is really outstanding.
- If you post multiple coins, each coin must be shown individually in a close-up photo.
- For each year we will begin with the lowest denomination (cent for later years, Half Cent
for earlier years) and end with the highest denomination of circulating coins, after that the commemorative ones.
- Inside each denomination, the order of posting coins from each of the different mints is left to your choice.
- The coin you post must be yours, unless it's an extreme rarity (ex. 1933 double eagle)
- Varieties are not required, only date-mintmark combinations, however if you have some interesting variety feel free to post it. Major varieties, such as 1913 Buffalo nickels
, 1917 SLQ, 1917 Walker (mintmark changes from obverse to reverse), 1909 Lincoln cents, etc. etc. are however part of this. The order of posting then is the earlier variety should go first, though it's not mandatory.
Already waiting for your coins .
Have fun .
If you can't figure out which coin is the next to be posted, see here:http://www.uscoinlist.com
Big thanks to Tbone for providing us this link in the previous topic.