Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

How close can we get to a complete collection of US Pre-1964 coins?

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 94
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6473 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Post the Franklin, no penalty!

I messed up - 57-P Franklin, coming up!
Did you know that dolphins are so smart that within a few days of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish?

Working on a Dansco 8167 Kennedy half album while waiting for the 8166's to become back in stock.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6473 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  7:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Couldn't get clear pics for some reason - but it's the thought that counts? A nice circulated coin - think I better upgrade this one!

Did you know that dolphins are so smart that within a few days of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish?

Working on a Dansco 8167 Kennedy half album while waiting for the 8166's to become back in stock.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2776 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  9:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here you go. Hey, I like the half Mark!

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6473 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  9:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hey, I like the half Mark!

Thanks Tom - it's been around the block for sure!!

So what are we at now- 56 coins? I like that someone not even from the US concocted this thread!

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6473 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  9:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Alright again - starting with the 56-P Lincoln Cent!

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6473 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here you go.

Tom, that quarter is fantastic!!

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28245 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  9:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mark - Great '56 cent, looks even better.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6473 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  9:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Mark - Great '56 cent, looks even better.

Thanks Mr Frog - I have an ongoing collection of NGC/PCGS
MS66 Lincoln cents starting from the 30's to the 60's - I figure I'll never complete it but I love a red Wheat cent!!
Oh , and an early Memorial!

Edited by Mark1959
12/07/2017 9:40 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2776 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  10:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Tom, that quarter is fantastic!!

Thanks Mark! I wish that quarter was an MS66!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1210 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  11:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stoneman227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a 1956-D lam , before and after with it's peel.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2776 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  11:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here is a 1956-D lam , before and after with it's peel.

Is that yours stoneman? Very nice!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1210 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2017  12:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stoneman227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep , the coin had been my favorite retained lamination.
I decided to take pics and when I finished and was sliding it back into its flip I heard a pop and just knew the lam was ruined. Turned out rather well instead.
Valued Member
Belgium
186 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2017  3:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheCoinDom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey,
Sorry I have been inactive, I was busy lately.
Thanks to everybody who's posting, I'm glad this thread is moving forward.

@Mark1959 These are some very nice slabbed wheaties for sure!
@stoneman227 Nice lamination error.

However @Mark1959 @stoneman227, please remember to always post the reverses . It helps us to see the full beauty of your coins. Right now we are missing the reverses of the 56-D (lamination error, stoneman227) and 57-D (slabbed MS66RD, Mark1959) wheat cents.
Edited by TheCoinDom
12/08/2017 3:28 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6473 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2017  3:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK, let me get up to par - here's the reverse of the 57-D

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6473 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2017  3:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a really nice lamination stoneman - neat that you have that piece to put back on the coin. I like it better the way it is than the way it was.

Page: of 94 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.04 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05