Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

How close can we get to a complete collection of US Pre-1964 coins?

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 102
Learn More...
United States
62440 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2017  2:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I edited the original topic post. Please review and make sure we are all good with the rules.

Also, I locked the original topic.
Valued Member
Belgium
186 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2017  2:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheCoinDom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a lot, jbuck. For those confused, here's a list of the next coins to be posted, in order:
1964-D cent
1964 nickels (P, D)
1964 dimes (P, D)
1964 quarters (P, D)
1964 half dollars (P, D)
1964 silver dollar ( no, not really)
1963 cents (P, D)
1963 nickels (P, D)
1963 dimes (P, D)
1963 quarters (P, D)
1963 half dollars (P, D)
and so on...
Learn More...
United States
62440 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
540 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2017  3:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bd251 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
For those confused, here's a list of the next coins to be posted, in order:
1964-D cent
1964 nickels (P, D)
1964 dimes (P, D)
1964 quarters (P, D)
1964 half dollars (P, D)

I think a post like this will be useful whenever there is a significant change (like when we add dollars, gold, etc) or as a heads up that we need to post a certain commemorative that year.

Quote:
Yes, it is cutomary to allow others to participate, unless we get stuck.

That's what I thought
Valued Member
Belgium
186 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2017  3:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheCoinDom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think a post like this will be useful whenever there is a significant change (like when we add dollars, gold, etc) or as a heads up that we need to post a certain commemorative that year.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't believe any circulating commemorative coins were struck in the US prior to 1976? That is, excluding 'commemorative' type coins that eventually became normal circulating types (1909 Lincoln cent, 1932 Washington quarter, etc.) (OK, maybe except the 1848 'CAL.' quarter eagle). That is, unless we consider the 1892 Columbian half and the like as circulating, but I don't think we should even though they ended up in circulation, as they originally were not intended to.
Learn More...
United States
62440 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2017  6:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A think an occasional "this is what is coming up" post is a good idea, unless we want to put an actual schedule into the OP. I am not opposed to the latter, I just do not have time to create it. If someone wants to post a schedule, I can move it into the OP.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
540 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2017  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bd251 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Maybe I'm wrong but I don't believe any circulating commemorative coins were struck in the US prior to 1976? That is, excluding 'commemorative' type coins that eventually became normal circulating types (1909 Lincoln cent, 1932 Washington quarter, etc.) (OK, maybe except the 1848 'CAL.' quarter eagle). That is, unless we consider the 1892 Columbian half and the like as circulating, but I don't think we should even though they ended up in circulation, as they originally were not intended to.

I guess I just always assumed that the commemorative halves were for circulation since I see circulated examples along with MS when I have looked on eBay in the past.
Learn More...
United States
62440 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2017  09:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They were not intended to circulate and sold for a premium. However, sometimes they ended up in circulation when the did not sell out or people who acquired them did not realize what they had.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
4211 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2017  03:30 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1964D Cent:

Valued Member
Belgium
186 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2017  3:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheCoinDom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice. Waiting for 1964 nickels. @jbuck, maybe we should allow the two (or three or more) different-mintmarked coins of the same year and denomination be posted at once by the same person.
Learn More...
United States
62440 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2017  01:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That would be acceptable.

It is also acceptable for a person to post back-to-back if no one else has posted after a period of time. Maybe an hour, but a day for sure.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
4211 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2017  12:28 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe if I post these, someone from the States will post some silver next!

1964 P and D nickels:

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
540 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2017  10:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bd251 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1964 P and D dimes

Valued Member
Belgium
186 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2017  1:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheCoinDom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice! First silver! Great coins @NumisRob @bd251, I'm hoping more people will join!
Edited by TheCoinDom
10/29/2017 1:55 pm
Learn More...
United States
62440 Posts
Page: of 102 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.86 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05