Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Show Us Your "Fish" Coins!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 423 / Views: 25,298Next Topic
Page: of 29
Pillar of the Community
United States
2679 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2021  10:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice example!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6727 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2021  07:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's small, but it's there! A generic fish is included on the Coat-of-Arms that adorns the reverse of the 1934 Founding of the Province of Maryland Tercentenary half dollar. Maryland's first European settlement was St. Mary's City on Clement's Island in the Potomac River in 1634.

Per Maryland State Law:

"(vi) a fisherman wearing a knitted cap somewhat resembling a stocking cap and holding one side of the shield with his right hand and in his left hand a fish that is not specific to any species;"

The fisherman holds the right side of the Arms (viewer's perspective) and holds the fish on a line with his left hand.

1934 Maryland Tercentenary Half Dollar

I've posted about the Maryland half dollar before:

- 1934 Maryland Tercentenary
- 1934 Maryland Tercentenary - Revisited
- 1934 Maryland Tercentenary and Hans Schuler
- Official Seals On Classic US Commemoratives - Part III
- 1934 Maryland Tercentenary - Coins with Hats (Crowns) Thread

For other of my posts about commemorative coins and medals, check out: Read More: Commems Collection.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Learn More...
United States
106306 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
9587 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2021  3:42 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Albania 20 leke 2000:
Learn More...
United States
106306 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1413 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2021  6:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add owatchman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Egypt 5 pounds 1984

Learn More...
United States
106306 Posts
Valued Member
United States
392 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  11:56 pm  Show Profile   Check daltonista's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add daltonista to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

"Split codfish," wrote the memoirist in his description of this penny token he'd struck for the Magdalen Islands in 1815. That was the noted medallist Edward Thomason of Birmingham, England, and the dies he used had been engraved by Thomas Halliday. The seal on an ice floe was no doubt part of the local scenery, as the Islands are located at the mouth of the St. Lawrence River, situated near Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia.

Mine is in typical "attainable" condition for this scarce issue. When they appear on the market, mint examples can easily approach or exceed US $5,000 these days.

Breton 529, Charlton LC-1, KM TN1 (33.5mm, 18g).

I never pay too much for my tokens...but every now and then I may buy one a little too soon.

Learn More...
United States
106306 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
18656 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2021  12:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1961 Netherlands.
2 Gulden - Juliana.

Valued Member
United States
392 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2021  12:25 am  Show Profile   Check daltonista's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add daltonista to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Okay, what is it, Dorado? A privy mark?
And the caduceus? What's that about?
The suspense is killing me!
Thanks --
Tom

I never pay too much for my tokens...but every now and then I may buy one a little too soon.

Learn More...
United States
106306 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2021  09:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1961 Netherlands. 2 Gulden - Juliana.
Very nice, a tiny fish mark!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
9587 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2021  7:05 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I posted this one ages ago in the 'animal kingdom' section, but it does include a few fish!

United Kingdom 50 pence 2011 - 50th anniversary of the World Wildlife Fund.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
18656 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2021  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1973 Barbados.
25 Cents - Elizabeth II

Edited by Dorado
11/06/2021 9:35 pm
Learn More...
United States
106306 Posts
Page: of 29 Previous TopicReplies: 423 / Views: 25,298Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.81 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: