Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1853 Three Cent - Huge Lamination Error? What Error is this?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3001 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2017  12:58 pm Show Profile   Check coinlover1899's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add coinlover1899 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This is not my coin, so the pictures are all I have.

What kind of error is this (if it is one), and what is it worth?

Thanks in advance,
Devin

My name is Devin, and I have been collecting now for around 3 1/2 years. I love all US coinage. I set up at coin shows and sell on eBay with my dad
Visit my website:
https://www.InGodWeTrustCoinsAndCurrency.com/
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12032 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2018  10:14 pm  Show Profile   Check Errers and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a huge Lamination error. Nice find and congratulations!
Errers and Varietys
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3087 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2018  07:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you... I won't tell you what I paid on eBay (because I don't remember), however I showed it to Jon Sullivan (at the ANA NMS) before I submitted it and he said ~ $150.

https://www.NGCcoin.com/certlookup/.../NGCDetails/

-----Burton
45 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Owned by four cats and a wife of 35 years (joined 1983)
Bedrock of the Community
United States
14330 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2018  1:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's amazing a coin that thin can have a lamination that large.
Gary Schmidt
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3087 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2018  6:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have another one that is even larger... I'll have to dig up the photo and post it. That one split before the strike and has only a tiny bit of the full height forming a bit of the rim. What little detail there is is barely visible - it took a huge stack shot to show it.

-----Burton
Edited by BStrauss3
06/19/2018 6:34 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12032 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2018  11:18 pm  Show Profile   Check Errers and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Thank you... I won't tell you what I paid on eBay (because I don't remember), however I showed it to Jon Sullivan (at the ANA NMS) before I submitted it and he said ~ $150.

https://www.NGCcoin.com/certlookup/./NGCDetails/

You're very welcome and thank you for sharing this amazing error coin piece! That's just way too cool!
Errers and Varietys
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3087 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2018  07:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
-----Burton
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12032 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2018  11:21 am  Show Profile   Check Errers and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! That's another cool one you own! I like that one.
Errers and Varietys
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.18 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05