Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

FUN - Tampa - Jan 4-7, 2018  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1406 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2017  10:17 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add afcop13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
FUN - Tampa - Jan 4-7, 2018
2018 January 4, 5, 6, 7

Who else will be attending the FUN show? I plan to spend most if not all of Saturday wandering the floor, looking to fill some holes in my SLQ album and Mercury album.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1425 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2017  8:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dave H to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will be there. Easy drive over from central FL
Pillar of the Community
United States
1406 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2018  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add afcop13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Headed out to FUN this afternoon. Have a small stack of cash and hope to fill a couple of SLQ and/or Merc holes.
Learn More...
United States
57950 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1406 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2018  12:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add afcop13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So - the show was as always MASSIVE. I only got through about 30% of it. I tried hard to take notes on coins and shop around to get holes filled at value. Even still, there was so much to choose from and so many people selling at reasonable prices. I wish I had more $$$ than I did, as I could have spent the winnings from Megamillions or Powerball in that hall!

I filled 2 SLQ holes with a raw 1920 that the dealer had as XF40, and an NGC AU55 - 1927. I have several worn 1927's, but none that I'd ever wanted to put in the Dansco. I also picked up 3 FSB Mercury's, 1938-D, 1939 and 1940-S. Two were MS63 and the 38-D was MS65. Total paid for the five coins was just $153. The best bargain was the 1939 for $5. So I had some cash left over to buy some bullion, and then found a table with a "bargain bin" where I picked up 6 proof Washingtons from the 50's, 2 1909-VDB's and a couple of other BU LWC's from the 30's.

It was a great show, and I'll try to take a couple of pics of the SLQ's, but all I have is a cruddy camera phone. The 1920 SLQ is dark toned, and maybe not appealing to some, but I really liked it. There is a lot of detail that isn't immediately visible, but under magnification, I think it was undergraded.
Learn More...
United States
57950 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3954 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2018  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Flew down Wednesday, left minus 10 C in Toronto landed almost freezing in Tampa, show as mentioned was massive, not much Canadian stuff, meet Fred Weinburg got to see the US two tail quarter, and the 1980 Canada two tail penny looks much better in hand, all in all a cool experience.
Learn More...
United States
57950 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2018  11:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like fun at FUN.

I would love to go to this show sometime. It is just too close to the Holidays.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
26671 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2018  11:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
afcop - Nice haul, congrats!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05