Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1972 Kennedy Half DDO  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
854 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2017  10:54 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Pillar of the Community
United States
1968 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2017  11:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice, I think it is a DDO-001 and there should be further doubling on the Y of LIBERTY and date.
Pillar of the Community
United States
854 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2017  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmmm, really? Let me check again. Stby...
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
25781 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2017  11:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Looks like the notch on the '2' is there.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
11/18/2017 12:22 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3838 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2017  12:06 pm  Show Profile   Check chuckster 125's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chuckster 125 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Congrats,
Definitely DDO-001.
Pillar of the Community
United States
854 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2017  12:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You guys are great! I don't see anything on the Y. The R and T look clean as well. However, there is definitely a notch on the 2. Thanks for the reality check! I had not seen reference to the notch on the 2 before. Thanks!

At what grade do you think it might carry a premium? Do you think it would be worth submitting?

Edited by USSID18
11/18/2017 12:36 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3838 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2017  1:04 pm  Show Profile   Check chuckster 125's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chuckster 125 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No, I would not submit this coin based on your pics.

Carry's a hefty premium in Mint State and very difficult to find one in MS65 or above.

REF: Cherrypickers Guide, 5th Edition, Vol II, Page 320.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5252 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2017  1:19 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Submitting questions always get me. I automatically say no, unless it is one of the more recognizable sought after varieties(1969s-001 1c, 1955p-001 1c, etc), those will stand the test of time. A lesser variety like this, yes its a nice one, has a small marketplace with two kinds of collectors, those that really know what it is worth but collect anyway, and ...those that just imagine they do(eBay, pick one...)

I am a collector of DDO/DDR and especially RPMs, personally I wouldn't ever consider slabbing any that I now have. I just purchased a slabbed 1995-001 1c, because I hadn't CRHed one in 4 years and know it will retain its purchased value. BTW, know I bought it for less than NGC slabbing cost! That means somebody along the way took a loss, not me
FREE! Coin IDing For Dummies Vol. 1, "The Minting process and Doubled Dies", in PDF format!
AND Now NEW!
Coin IDing for Dummies Vol. 2, "Error coins and More!", in PDF Format!
Both are here: http://goccf.com/t/296596

"Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press and a disarmed populace."
James Madison
Pillar of the Community
United States
854 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2017  1:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
chuckster 125, Crazyb0- I hear you both loud and clean. Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3881 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2017  4:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find and pictures.

Oh, by the way – the book I gave you for Christmas has to be returned to the library next week.

Pillar of the Community
United States
854 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2017  9:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Mark! To bad it's not a MS65.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5610 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2017  11:32 am  Show Profile   Check CoinMasters's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CoinMasters to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin! Definitely a keeper. Everyone one wants a Doubled Die. In my opinion it's justified to send one in when it's worth $25 or more. I'm thinking this one's not quite there.
Beauty is in the eye of the holder
http://www.ebay.com/sch/Coins-Paper...rne0&_sop=10
I am not always correct so please understand what I say is my opinion.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
19086 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2017  4:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find, good eye.
"You can't fool all the people all the time - others would like a chance."

Pillar of the Community
United States
854 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2017  12:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks CoinMasters, Coinfrog, Chase007, Crazyb0, chuckster 125, coop!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1968 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2017  2:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is a doubling evident on the upper right arm of the Y ( viewer's right) seen as a straight line across the top.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.8 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05