Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A Continuing Thread ~ Post Your Recent Tokens, Medals, Exonumia Acquisition

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 148
Pillar of the Community
United States
2135 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2019  12:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
And I've missed the connection to medals and tokens.

I apologize for any discomfort looking at my photos @999fine. It is my first time posting on this sub-forum and the title includes exonumia. I typically stay on the paper money area where I will return.

I edited my previous posts.
Learn More...
United States
73473 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2019  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It is my first time posting on this sub-forum and the title includes exonumia.
I saw no problem with it.

Quote:
I edited my previous posts.
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8071 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2019  2:01 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good one Steve, I just saw one of those pirate Gasparilla's medals while looking around today.
Thanks for posting. I'm in a lull collecting the past few days. Stacking wood for the winter.
Coin show coming up, have to get some stuff ready for ANACS and looking forward to finding a dealer with a few binders or boxes of this kind of stuff.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8071 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2019  09:42 am  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found this little keychain charm or token from World War II that has popped up around my house and then disappeared several times over the years. Now it is part of my collection with the rest.

1941 World War II Green Bakelite Victory Token / Keychain Charm

This green bakelite or catalin plastic round is holed for a keychain and is from the years of the Second World War.
Most of the original white paint remains.
Beethoven's Fifth Symphony begins with three short notes followed by one long one. Three dots and a dash is the Morse code for the letter V.
V is also the Roman numeral for five and stands for victory.

Churchill, of course, is probably the one historical figure most closely identified with the "V for Victory" sign in use among the Allies for much of the war.
My favorite album!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1117 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2019  5:15 pm  Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It appears that Metropolitan Life had two medals for the New York World's Fair, one without a year date and another with the year 1940 which appears to be the scarcer of the two. In fact this recent addition of mine seems to be the only 1940 version sold on eBay in the past 3 months. Of course my search might have been faulty.

Coins were meant to be spent.
Valued Member
United States
242 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2019  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yarm to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My entire Churchill collection below!

Pillar of the Community
United States
1117 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2019  5:32 pm  Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can someone explain the occurrence of the Louisiana Purchase "NO STAR" version?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8071 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2019  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I cannot immediately explain the medal with and without star phenomena at this time except the "No star" is supposedly more scarce and I would only assume it came first and then the star was added to the die.

Let me look into it. I like that version of the Metropolitan Ins medal and the entire Churchill collection of Yarm!
My favorite album!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1117 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  07:30 am  Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Churchill is a well-executed design. I remember when mages of him looked so old. Today a young man. Nice medal, yarm.
Learn More...
United States
73473 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8952 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  3:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Con Jones Vancouver BC Jubillle of Confederation 1867 - 1927 Medal "Dont Argue"

Pillar of the Community
United States
1735 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  4:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tunnioc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This thread moves fast! Some awesome medals all!
Cool token Steve! Here's mine!

Learn More...
United States
73473 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  4:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Con Jones Vancouver BC Jubillle of Confederation 1867 - 1927 Medal "Dont Argue"
Nice example!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1117 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  6:16 pm  Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
More recent (1960s) bronze medals seem more difficult than earlier medals to find in really nice condition. They seem really prone to discoloration, deterioration of finish and dark spotting. And it seems that die polishing is rough leaving quite a pattern of hairlines.

Hemisfair 1968 had a couple medal designs minted (by whom I do not know) This version came in the mail today.

Edited by 999fine
07/15/2019 6:17 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8071 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes thread is on the move!
I did manage to get the correct version tonight of Washington's Farewell.
I posted the error one here.

http://goccf.com/t/301479&whichpage=140#3001800
1972 Washington's Farewell to His Officers
Longines Sterling Medal ( correct )

My favorite album!
Edited by TNG
07/15/2019 9:52 pm
Page: of 148 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.14 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05