Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A Continuing Thread ~ Post Your Tokens, Medals, Exonumia Acquisitions

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3,129 / Views: 168,910Next Topic
Page: of 209
Learn More...
United States
91001 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2019  11:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1981 Home of the R.C.M.P. Regina Commemorative Dollar.

Quote:
My 13th Century of Progress Medal

Quote:
And my favorite for the week, perhaps should say for the year...
Nice examples!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
16109 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  7:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
* Tokens * (Canada - Local Dollar Tokens)

Commemorative issue
1977 Expo Dollar.
10th Anniversary of Expo 67 in Montréal.

Valued Member
United States
485 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  10:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jeffbuckes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I recently acquired a batch lot of tokens etc. The batch had a few that I really wanted and a few that I don't need. I'll be posting the extras for sale in a few days, but I'm putting the pics here first, for fun and future reference.

First up: 5-cent trade token, 41925. Not much to say about this one. It's listed on Numista at least (https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces143880.html)

Valued Member
United States
485 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  10:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jeffbuckes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also posted this one under the Masonic thread, but for completists I'll cross-post here (if that's allowed).

Masonic "penny" from Chicago, Ill. I like the three-letter state abbreviation. That dates it back some!

(Rant: I'm a snob, and I always tell people: If you're not mailing it, don't use the two-letter abbreviation or ZIP code. I see this on t-shirts and other collectibles. End rant.)

Valued Member
United States
485 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  10:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jeffbuckes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This one is rough. A Missouri sales tax receipt from the 30s/40s. Great Depression-era Americana, but they're made of zinc and don't last well.

Edited by jeffbuckes
10/15/2019 10:11 pm
Valued Member
United States
485 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  10:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jeffbuckes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Next up, a trio from Paxton Billiards in Omaha, Nebraska. (They're long gone and the address is now a parking garage.) I've seen several versions, mine are all the same though.

Valued Member
United States
485 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  10:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jeffbuckes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a nice pair of scrip tokens from Riverton Coal Company in Crown Hill, West Virginia. These seem pretty popular - I've seen them sell for $10 each... better than the face value (10 cents).

Learn More...
United States
91001 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1292 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2019  08:07 am  Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
jeffb - I enjoyed seeing your scrip tokens, such little value for such hard work given.
Coins were meant to be spent.
Valued Member
United States
485 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2019  1:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jeffbuckes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@999fine

These tokens are true pieces of history and Americana. And you know the old song:

Quote:
You load sixteen tons, what do you get?
Another day older and deeper in debt
Saint Peter don't you call me, 'cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the company store

I love digging through these once in awhile just for these memories.

PS: I just updated my collection with some new pieces, so I'll be listing some tokens and medals for sale here in a day or two. Nothing fancy, but good memories!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
16109 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2019  12:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

1876-1976.
Anniversary Dollar - Windsor, Ontario.

Obverse

The Ambassador International Bridge, the busiest international border crossing in North America, which connects Windsor, Ontario with Detroit, Michigan.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4424 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2019  08:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice add Dorado
Member: ANA and NGC
My Want list: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Pillar of the Community
United States
967 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2019  11:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thisistheshow to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Many,many,many pages ago I posted a medal made by Joseph Merriam. It was in white metal and depicted Daniel Webster.

I finally have a second one, so I guess I can now call it a collection. Merriam was a medalist and die sinker in Boston mid 1800s. This piece, also in white metal, celebrates the visit of Albert Edward Prince of Wales in October 1860.

Edited by thisistheshow
10/19/2019 11:58 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
967 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2019  11:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thisistheshow to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
And my favorite for the week, perhaps should say for the year...

999fine, Congrats! Sorry that I missed this when you posted it. I am not part of anything that gives medals, but if I was mine would say IX.

Edited for clarity.
Edited by thisistheshow
10/19/2019 11:51 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
16109 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2019  12:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

1976 Jasper National Park
Souvenir Dollar - Jasper, Alberta.

Edited by Dorado
10/20/2019 12:06 am
Page: of 209 Previous TopicReplies: 3,129 / Views: 168,910Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.92 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05