Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A Continuing Thread ~ Post Your Recent Tokens, Medals, Exonumia Acquisition

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 166
Learn More...
United States
79171 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2019  11:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1981 Home of the R.C.M.P. Regina Commemorative Dollar.

Quote:
My 13th Century of Progress Medal

Quote:
And my favorite for the week, perhaps should say for the year...
Nice examples!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
11189 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  7:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
* Tokens * (Canada - Local Dollar Tokens)

Commemorative issue
1977 Expo Dollar.
10th Anniversary of Expo 67 in Montréal.

Valued Member
United States
455 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  10:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jeffbuckes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I recently acquired a batch lot of tokens etc. The batch had a few that I really wanted and a few that I don't need. I'll be posting the extras for sale in a few days, but I'm putting the pics here first, for fun and future reference.

First up: 5-cent trade token, 41925. Not much to say about this one. It's listed on Numista at least (https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces143880.html)

Valued Member
United States
455 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  10:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jeffbuckes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also posted this one under the Masonic thread, but for completists I'll cross-post here (if that's allowed).

Masonic "penny" from Chicago, Ill. I like the three-letter state abbreviation. That dates it back some!

(Rant: I'm a snob, and I always tell people: If you're not mailing it, don't use the two-letter abbreviation or ZIP code. I see this on t-shirts and other collectibles. End rant.)

Valued Member
United States
455 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  10:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jeffbuckes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This one is rough. A Missouri sales tax receipt from the 30s/40s. Great Depression-era Americana, but they're made of zinc and don't last well.

Edited by jeffbuckes
10/15/2019 10:11 pm
Valued Member
United States
455 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  10:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jeffbuckes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Next up, a trio from Paxton Billiards in Omaha, Nebraska. (They're long gone and the address is now a parking garage.) I've seen several versions, mine are all the same though.

Valued Member
United States
455 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  10:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jeffbuckes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a nice pair of scrip tokens from Riverton Coal Company in Crown Hill, West Virginia. These seem pretty popular - I've seen them sell for $10 each... better than the face value (10 cents).

Learn More...
United States
79171 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1191 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2019  08:07 am  Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
jeffb - I enjoyed seeing your scrip tokens, such little value for such hard work given.
Coins were meant to be spent.
Valued Member
United States
455 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2019  1:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jeffbuckes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@999fine

These tokens are true pieces of history and Americana. And you know the old song:

Quote:
You load sixteen tons, what do you get?
Another day older and deeper in debt
Saint Peter don't you call me, 'cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the company store

I love digging through these once in awhile just for these memories.

PS: I just updated my collection with some new pieces, so I'll be listing some tokens and medals for sale here in a day or two. Nothing fancy, but good memories!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
11189 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2019  12:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

1876-1976.
Anniversary Dollar - Windsor, Ontario.

Obverse

The Ambassador International Bridge, the busiest international border crossing in North America, which connects Windsor, Ontario with Detroit, Michigan.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4051 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2019  08:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice add Dorado
ANA member: 3178122
NTCA member: 10118
Pillar of the Community
United States
897 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2019  11:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thisistheshow to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Many,many,many pages ago I posted a medal made by Joseph Merriam. It was in white metal and depicted Daniel Webster.

I finally have a second one, so I guess I can now call it a collection. Merriam was a medalist and die sinker in Boston mid 1800s. This piece, also in white metal, celebrates the visit of Albert Edward Prince of Wales in October 1860.

Edited by thisistheshow
10/19/2019 11:58 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
897 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2019  11:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thisistheshow to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
And my favorite for the week, perhaps should say for the year...

999fine, Congrats! Sorry that I missed this when you posted it. I am not part of anything that gives medals, but if I was mine would say IX.

Edited for clarity.
Edited by thisistheshow
10/19/2019 11:51 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
11189 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2019  12:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

1976 Jasper National Park
Souvenir Dollar - Jasper, Alberta.

Edited by Dorado
10/20/2019 12:06 am
Page: of 166  Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.15 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05