Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A Continuing Thread ~ Post Your Recent Tokens, Medals, Exonumia Acquisition

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 174
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10517 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  01:30 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I recently got this Westward Journey Coin & Medal set:

The "medal" is very difficult to photograph, but here are a couple:

To be honest, I am quite underwhelmed with this "medal" reproduction. The reverse, at least, shows a poor plating job (this is silver-plated bronze). The lettering is all mushy. I would have preferred they just left it bronze. For some reason, the medal is the only piece not in a capsule.

It wasn't expensive and at least worth $1.10 with the other coins!
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius
"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain
"Language is the source of misunderstandings."
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Learn More...
United States
81089 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  10:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I would have preferred they just left it bronze.
I agree.

Overall, nice set!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8395 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  1:12 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I ended up with one of those sets too from a coin club auction. I think I won for 5 bucks opening bid and put it away as soon as I came home. I thought the "medal" was foil and never looked at the back of it. LOL
I too was underwhelmed, but if we got them cheap. It's all good.
Thanks for posting , now I have another medal anyway that I didn't know I had.
One of the US Mint's deals I am sure cost us a lot more if we ordered it.
Seems they just plated excess stock of this medal I have here.

My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
United States
1543 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  3:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You could purchase the Thos Jefferson silver medal from the Mint and put it in that slot - I think that'd be pretty cool.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8395 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  3:20 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
but some careful cutting to fit the capsule would be needed.
I wouldn't stick a silver medal loose in there.
My favorite album!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
12039 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
* Tokens * (Canada - Automatic Tokens)
Token - Chuck E Cheese Bilingual; Steel.

Valued Member
United States
261 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  5:12 pm  Show Profile   Check John K's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add John K to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I sent this one to an old high school buddy that lives in Milwaukee where we both attended St John's Cathedral High School. He likes to explore the history in that area so hope he has fun with it.

Learn More...
United States
81089 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10517 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2019  12:34 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Seems they just plated excess stock of this medal I have here.

May be. I did see those for sale, but I decided that I need to get the 3" bronze version. It is much better executed (multi-struck) and would be a nice addition.
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius
"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain
"Language is the source of misunderstandings."
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
12039 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2019  7:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
* Tokens * (France - Religious Tokens)
St Vicent de Paul.Priez pour nous.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14557 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2019  7:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is one that I can't find previously posted on CCF or even listed at tokenref.com. One side of this brass token has the Apacheland Movie Ranch EST. 1960 while the other has "Charro" in Apache Junction Arizona (Elvis Presley Memorial Chapel) and the date 1969. It is a recent pick-up for me so I think that they might still be making these things at the Arizona Territorial Mint. Here is a link to a CCF thread with pics of a different example of their work:

http://goccf.com/t/131625

"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8395 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2019  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great medals guys! The thread lives on!
I just nabbed my second Admiral Sampson 1948 c.smith so called half dollar.

I suppose I'm working on a second set of 4 harder to find 1948 so called half dollars?
1948 set previously showing with an extra Roosevelt and a gilt Sampson here.

1947 Set (I have gilt Byrd, Edison and Lindbergh versions too, but I don't believe they are c.smith medals and were made earlier by Whitehead & Hoag.)

My favorite album!
Learn More...
United States
81089 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14557 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2019  7:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well done @tng.

Here is one more addition to the thread: a copper round (token) from the Bureau of Reclamation, showcasing the cableway structure at the Hoover Dam. The date is 2015, but it seems as though they are still working their way through selling that year's mintage as this is a new pick-up for me.

"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Edited by Spence
12/16/2019 7:51 pm
Valued Member
United States
332 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2019  09:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add willieboyd2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A recently produced silver round, because I like owls:

San Francisco Panama-Pacific Exposition silver round 2 ounce
Manufactured by the Intaglio Mint
Silver, 39 mm, 62.36 gm

https://www.brianrxm.com
The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
Coins in Movies and on Television
The 1949 San Francisco Mexico Peso Restrikes
Edited by willieboyd2
12/17/2019 09:27 am
Page: of 174 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05