Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A Continuing Thread ~ Post Your Recent Tokens, Medals, Exonumia Acquisition

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 181
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
12606 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  10:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Edmonton Oilers logo.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
12606 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  12:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
* Tokens * (Canada - Advertising Tokens)

1962 Token - Toronto Coin & Stamp Exhibition / Scotia Bank

United States
33 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  4:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dar76124 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From a recent lot I purchased. Gilt Copper about 58mm.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8482 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  5:21 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
dar76124 beautiful French medal. They sure made some awesome medals. Thanks for posting & Dorado is on a roll.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Learn More...
United States
82620 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8482 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  1:17 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1909 Alaska-Yukon Pacific Exposition looped Official Medal

(image will update when I re-holder and replace image soon)
A looped version, maybe HK-354 that is silver plated bronze. According to a very knowledgeable source, it is part of a ribbon or badge. All the looped medals are much more scarce than those that are not.
It was intentionally looped and attached to a dark blue ribbon and bar to market more of the mintage to visitors at the Alaska-Yukon Pacific Exposition.
Thanks to so-calledguy on eBay, I can show this ribbon he has.

The obverse shows the official emblem of Seattle's 1909 Alaska-Yukon-Pacific Exposition was designed by Adelaide Hanscom of Seattle.

The emblem, with its three female figures, was used on programs, souvenirs, and other items.
The woman on the left holds a ship and represents East Asia.
The central figure holds gold nuggets and symbolizes Alaska.
The one on the right holds a railroad engine, symbolizing commerce with Seattle and the rest of the United States and her other hand is holding up a small oval with the bust of William H. Seward, "The Father of Alaska" who negotiated the Alaska Purchase in 1867. The purchase price for the 570,000 square miles from Russia was $7.2 million or 2-cents an acre at the time.

On the reverse is the Seal of the City of Seattle which also shows a small bust of Chief Seattle which is part of he Seal design itself.
I recently acquired a very scarce Seattle Day souvenir ticket with Chief Seattle on the front that I regularly hunted for over the past year and a half.

My favorite album!
Edited by TNG
01/27/2020 9:07 pm
Learn More...
United States
82620 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1909 Alaska-Yukon Pacific Exposition looped Official Medal
Very nice!
Valued Member
United States
253 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yarm to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Population of the British Empire during the reign of George IV. 50mm in white metal by Thomason or Halliday(?).

Edited by yarm
01/28/2020 2:43 pm
Valued Member
United States
478 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  8:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jeffbuckes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@yarm -

That's a great medal - is that from your collection...?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
12606 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  10:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
* Tokens * (United States - Promotional Gas Tokens)

1970 Husky Oil Token - Rugged Americans William Clark.

Learn More...
United States
82620 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  10:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Population of the British Empire during he reign of George IV. 50mm in white metal
Really interesting.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8482 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  10:53 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1933 Wolfville Western Days Bronze One Bit Token No 2

Somewhat of a re-run post but a new addition.

This is my second "One Bit" from Wolfville Western Days. Although there is very little to no information available about these "One Bit" tokens, the font and design is remarkably similar to that of the Wolfville Western Days One Dollar.
These may have been a smaller denomination for making change with the larger dollar.
These are said to have been used in gambling and were used as "chips" instead of money to get around the law.
Rather than repeat all that, here is a link to my previous post with some history.
http://goccf.com/t/301479&whichpage=96#2890917

Alfred Henry Lewis (1855-1914) published a trio of books which I own.

Wolfville (1897)
Wolfville Days (1902)
and
Wolfville Nights (1902)

Each is a collection of sketches set in a fictional frontier settlement in the Arizona desert. Ominously called Wolfville, it was no doubt meant to emulate the very real town of Tombstone.

Illustrations by Frederic Remington are found throughout these books.
I recognized the reverse of the medal as his style and did the research to discover these books and the Author. I recognized the reverse design of the Dollar medal as his style and did the research to discover these books and the Author.
Apparently the design on the reverse is similar to this illustration found in one of these books, only from a different angle with a few differences in pose.
I also found a fourth book titled Wolfville Folks and added it to my collection.
My favorite album!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1223 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  11:08 pm  Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, the wonderful things we collect. I've been inundated with other matters lately with no chance to post, or even add deserving comments. I appreciate the glances I get to take here, nonetheless.
Coins were meant to be spent.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4141 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2020  08:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great items recently!
ANA member: 3178122
NTCA member: 10118
Learn More...
United States
82620 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2020  10:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1933 Wolfville Western Days Bronze One Bit Token No 2
Very nice!
Page: of 181 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05