Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A Continuing Thread ~ Post Your Tokens, Medals, Exonumia Acquisitions

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3,025 / Views: 155,794Next Topic
Page: of 202
Learn More...
United States
87873 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
German WW1 Navel canteen tokens. Acquired these in a lot of foreign coins. Always fun when something unexpected shows up.
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8847 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2020  9:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2020 Buffalo Bill
Wild West Legends
Intaglio Mint
1 Troy Oz Silver Round

To go with my recent Annie Oakley Silver round
Link : http://goccf.com/t/301479&whichpage=198#3216987

I have numerous Buffalo Bill medals, collectibles and other ephemera. The Annie Oakley round is awesome so I thought I'd pick up this other Wild West Legends series round from the Intaglio Mint in Denver CO.

A vintage post card from the "Roadside America" attraction
Fort Cody Trading Post in North Platte Nebraska.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
United States
570 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2020  11:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add otto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"Anglo Continental Perfumery" Don't know anything about. Seller lists diameter as 18 mm. Yet to receive.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8847 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2020  8:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks otto for posting! Looks like an old advertising token from London. Maybe it was worth a farthing in trade?

Picked up a second one of these.

1961 Pony Express Termination Centennial
Bronze Medal HK589

A link to my write up on the first one I got
Link to Copy
http://goccf.com/t/301479&whichpage=182#3163820
My favorite album!
Learn More...
United States
87873 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8847 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  9:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1960's Goddess Selket - King Tut
Mardi Gras Gilt Doubloon

H. Alvin Sharpe Selket
Possibly an earlier undated Mardi Gras Doubloon most likely Gilt Bronze.
I have seen this in three compositions but they appear to be very scarce.

H. Alvin Sharpe died in 1982. He invented the Mardi Gras doubloon in 1959. He especially produced ship-themed doubloons for the Krewe of Poseidon, 1967-1983 (the 1983 version was ready at his death and appeared posthumously). He was also a jeweler, a watch maker and an intaglio print maker.

26.2 grams ("Heavies" catagory)
39.08 mm
2.9 mm
Initials HGJ on left and HAS on right on Tut side
Initials KWS on bottom right Selket side (Maybe for the Krewe of Westside?)

Heavies are doubloons made out of bronze, copper, silver oxide, nickel, sterling silver or other metals. They are generally of thicker gauge and often have a high-relief design and a patina applied (antiquing). They are much heavier than aluminum and not intended as "Throws" during the parades like aluminum are intended.
These are high-end doubloons, produced in lower quantity (some as low as just a few per year) and much more expensive than aluminum doubloons. As a high-end product, they tend to retain their value but don't show up in a lot of collections because of cost and limited availability.

Selket is probably more often known as Serket, but is also known as Selqet, Selcis or Serqet.
For relating to this medal, she will be Selket, the goddess of fertility, nature, animals, medicine, magic, and healing venomous stings and bites in Egyptian mythology from scorpians and snakes.
She was depicted in the form of a woman with a scorpian on her head and referred to as "She who gives breath" because of the way waterscorpions seem to breathe underwater.
In a strong association with the scorpion, which is famous to protect its young, also Selket symbolizes the strong protection of motherhood and nurturing of children.
Selket also was considered a protector of the dead, and protected the shrine for the canopic vases at the Tomb of King Tut, and appears here (center) in a painting at the 19th dynasty tomb of Nefertari, Valley of the Queens.
I believe this is the mask of King Tutankhamun on the opposite side of the medal.

My favorite album!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1267 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  9:59 pm  Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@TNG - great posts this past week. Been otherwise occupied :(
Coins were meant to be spent.
Edited by 999fine
06/01/2020 9:59 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8847 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  10:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks 999, been thinking of you.
My favorite album!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8847 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2020  12:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1960's Pioneer Village Souvenir Token
Minden Nebraska

Not your typical "Roadside America" stop!

One of Nebraska's leading attractions, the Harold Warp Pioneer Village is a short 10-minute drive south of I-80 exit 279. The Pioneer Village is often described as the "Smithsonian of the Plains". Visitors from around the world use "Fantastic" "A wonderful American Treasure" "Amazing" and "Remarkable" to describe the 50,000 items in 26 buildings within the 20 acre museum. Exhibits are arranged in chronological order of development to vividly portray how America grew from the open hearth and grease lamps to supersonic speed and cell phones. You will find wagons, buggies, guns, trains, 350 antique automobiles, 100 tractors, 20 historic aircraft, Rogers' Statuary, clothing, glass and China, Historic Buildings and more. It is a great family destination and includes a motel and campground.

Information compliments of tripadvisor.
Check out the 265 picture gallery on their page of museum inventory.
This looks like a great place to visit. I like the cars the best! Wow!

Link for images https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attract...ebraska.html
My favorite album!
Learn More...
United States
87873 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8847 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2020  10:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1904 Louisiana Purchase Exposition
No Star So-called Dollar

(better image will replace this when it arrives)
This is my second one of this type medal that has "No star".
It may be bronze where my other may be yellow bronze which would make it a different variety again.
I "cherry picked" it as I did with the other. These are far more scarce than those with stars and command a premium.
It isn't a great example but it was a good buy.

I will properly label my images with correct Hibler and Kappen shortly after it arrives and this image is updated.
Here's a link to my earlier post about the "No star" variety.
http://goccf.com/t/301479&whichpage=138#2996043
My favorite album!
Learn More...
United States
87873 Posts
Valued Member
United States
69 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2020  3:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dar76124 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found this one in a lot yesterday. Could not find anything online but it's interesting.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1267 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2020  3:56 pm  Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
New Today for my Fairs & Exhibitions Collection:

CINCINNATI FALL FESTIVAL
SOUVENIR

A fairly common medal according to what I've seen online.

One online source identified the building as the Cincinnati Music Hall.

Brass, 33mm

Coins were meant to be spent.
Valued Member
United States
69 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2020  4:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dar76124 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another one found yesterday. This seems fairly scarce.

Page: of 202 Previous TopicReplies: 3,025 / Views: 155,794Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05