Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A Continuing Thread ~ Post Your Tokens, Medals, Exonumia Acquisitions

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3,097 / Views: 164,346Next Topic
Page: of 207
Pillar of the Community
United States
1292 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2020  10:14 pm  Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Joe2007 - thanks for your opinion. I hope you are right. It being a copy with all the other things doesn't make sense.
Coins were meant to be spent.
Edited by 999fine
08/04/2020 10:15 pm
Learn More...
United States
90004 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2020  10:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I guess I'm a newby coming in at XX at the end of September
Well done!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8970 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2020  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good to see ya 999!
You'll make it, I am sure.

I must confess that I could not turn down making a silver .999 version of my Medallic Art Co Presidential Medals to go along with my two bronze sets. The Jefferson is not up to par with the others but they are hard to get, especially with silver the way it is. I put this secretly together after I swore off more medals but before silver took off.
Technically I can redeem myself and consider this "Stacking" silver.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
United States
1292 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2020  09:25 am  Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
TNG - I had a suspicion you couldn't stay away! :)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8970 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2020  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am doing much better tho. LOL
My favorite album!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1292 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2020  6:52 pm  Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
TNG - it seems that most times after you post something I end up trolling eBay and find something I like, such as this VFW Convention medal with ribbon and name tag.

The graphic of the soldiers in their different head gear really appealed to me, and the ribbon and name tag was an extra bonus.

Edited by 999fine
08/08/2020 6:56 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8970 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2020  7:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's pretty neat. I grabbed the occasional looped items for the same reason . . . I like it.

Jefferson arrived and is in OK condition to join the group. Here is my actual image.
My favorite album!
Learn More...
United States
90004 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1292 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2020  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
TNG - "stacking" indeed!
. . . .

I came across this medal in a little lot last week featuring one of my favorite animals, the mule.

LUCKY MULE TRACE CHAINS

THE HODELL CHAIN CO.CLEVELAND, O., U.S.A.

with GOOD LUCK and lucky symbols on the reverse.

I've found a few examples online which apparently offer different distinct dies for this design.

Edited by 999fine
08/10/2020 7:45 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8970 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2020  5:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice lucky moool 999!

smallforest Mint
Portland Oregon issues

Now I know I made a decision to knock it off but I was alerted of this Paxarbolis Tree Octopus that I was in line for if it was to become available.
That request was before my medal buying came to a crawl.
4 were put up for sale a few days ago and sold quickly.
So far 80 of a maximum of 100 have been minted of which 64 I know of have sold.
There was a 2019 issue with a different reverse. (same reverse as my Sasquatch)

I have made a friend who operates the private mint "smallforest" in Portland Oregon.

I have four smallforest issues now. This one goes along with my Sasquatch 10 Dougies posted here for some odd reason. http://goccf.com/t/375800#3223409

2020 dated Cascadia Republic
OCTOPIECE o' EIGHT Dougie Dollars

Octopus paxarbolis is also known as the Northwest Tree Octopus. Paxarbolis was created as an internet hoax in 1998 about an endangered species of tree octopus. It has since taken on a life of its own.
This website is often used as a test of internet literacy to see if people can discern fact from fiction on internet.
https://zapatopi.net/treeoctopus/
The rare Paxarbolis is reportedly the favorite food of Sasquatch, which may be why neither have been actually been found. The Sasquatch coin which I also own is denominated as 10 Dougies, the Octopus is 8 Dougies. The Dougie, named after the Douglas Fir, is the currency of Cascadia.

I understand there were only 25 of these minted out of a maximum of 100 in 2019.

My other two are smallforest Higley medalets.
A Doe and Buck. All of these are overstruck on Franklin Mint Sterling Silver Medals that were used for planchets. Some ghosting is visible on some and other not.

2019 Doe Smallforest Higley - I Am Good Silver

2019 Buck Smallforest Higley - I Cut To Value
My favorite album!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1292 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2020  2:29 pm  Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's another medal from that little lot I mentioned earlier, a Good Luck token worth 2 cents off a purchase of HOWELL'S ANTISEPTIC. This is listed in the online token catalog as TC-363797.

I found an image of the product online:

I searched eBay for selling/previous sales of this and found nothing in the past 3 months.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8970 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2020  10:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
73 1/2% alcohol. No wonder the bottle is empty! That medal was minted by Grammes in Allentown PA. A similar reverse of the 1933 "Take me for luck" Indian Head so-called dollars. You'll surely stay lucky with that!
My favorite album!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1292 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2020  10:16 am  Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
TNG - 3/4 oz, not even a jigger!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1292 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2020  6:52 pm  Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another token from that earlier lot, a GOOD LUCK TOKEN from KGIR RADIO in Montana.

1929 - 1939
THE VOICE OF MONTANA
MONTANA COPPER
TEN YEARS OF SERVICE

Another GRAMMES product.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8970 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2020  8:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I saw one with ice cream on one side once but it went fairly high. I had to pass it up.
My favorite album!
Page: of 207 Previous TopicReplies: 3,097 / Views: 164,346Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.07 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05