Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A Continuing Thread ~ Post Your Tokens, Medals, Exonumia Acquisitions

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3,265 / Views: 187,829Next Topic
Page: of 218
Learn More...
United States
95801 Posts
Valued Member
United States
103 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2021  8:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dar76124 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1883 East River Bridge Medal. Now known as the Brooklyn bridge. From looking online it seems they are scarce unholed.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9363 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2021  11:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have been to NYC many times and saw the Brooklyn Bridge from every angle but could never go across it because I was almost always in an 18 wheeler. Neat medal! Thanks for posting it.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Learn More...
United States
95801 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2021  09:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1883 East River Bridge Medal. Now known as the Brooklyn bridge.
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1296 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2021  10:02 am  Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
dar76124 - that is indeed a lovely medal!
Coins were meant to be spent.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4529 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2021  10:48 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice unholed example.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Pillar of the Community
United States
1296 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a citrus-related collection outside of coins and medals and thought this a worthwhile addition. I believe this is an exhibitor's medal for the 29TH NATIONAL ORANGE SHOW, 1935. The show was held annually in San Bernardino CA beginning in 1911. The show was a great attraction at one time claiming 500,000 visitors. More well-known are colorful postcards of the various exhibits. This is the first medal I've come across for the show.

Meant to be worn, the red ribbon has a pinback. The medal itself is uniface.

Coins were meant to be spent.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5232 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  09:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@999fine: Neat piece! Congrats on adding it to your collection. Finding them nice and intact is often difficult. It looks like you did well with yours!

I have a few hanging medals/badges in my collection, primarily those with a connection to the commemorative coins that I enjoy collecting.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Learn More...
United States
95801 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9363 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  10:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for posting 999!
I'm eating oranges and grapefruit lately for vitamin C.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Page: of 218 Previous TopicReplies: 3,265 / Views: 187,829Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05