Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A Continuing Thread ~ Post Your Tokens, Medals, Exonumia Acquisitions

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3,524 / Views: 228,737Next Topic
Page: of 235
Learn More...
United States
106502 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2021  09:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
One of Dassier's medals on the history of the Roman Republic-Zeal of the Fabians/Recall of Cincinnatus, 1740-50
A beautiful example!
Valued Member
United States
395 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2021  11:46 pm  Show Profile   Check daltonista's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add daltonista to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Another Bank of Ireland issue, the silver 1804 Six Shillings token. These were overstruck on heavily worn Spanish 8-reales coins.

Davis 77, Seaby 4615, KM TN1 (41mm, 27g).

I never pay too much for my tokens...but every now and then I may buy one a little too soon.

Learn More...
United States
106502 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2021  10:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Another Bank of Ireland issue, the silver 1804 Six Shillings token. These were overstruck on heavily worn Spanish 8-reales coins.
Impressive!
United States
44 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2021  11:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinhole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found this in my grandfather's desk draw with a few other tokens. This one really reminds me of him.

Learn More...
United States
106502 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2021  12:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Found this in my grandfather's desk draw with a few other tokens. This one really reminds me of him.
Fantastic example with sentimental value!
United States
44 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2021  12:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinhole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you. This one reminds me of my grandmother. Ha.

Learn More...
United States
106502 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2021  2:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Thank you. This one reminds me of my grandmother. Ha.
It completes a pair.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1319 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2021  9:39 pm  Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
9-29-2000

Coins were meant to be spent.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1319 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2021  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a collection which pertains to the Citrus Orange.
This picked up for that collection

NATIONAL ORANGE SHOW

Unmarked on back.
I don't know if this was a souvenir or a medal for an exhibitor.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1319 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2021  9:52 pm  Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coinhole - this GREEN RIVER WHISKEY is a challenging medal to collect. I have perhaps 15 examples and most are identifiably different dies.
United States
44 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2021  10:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinhole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes. 999fine when I did a little research on it. I was surprised to see how many different dies were used. Many have trees behind the horse or whisky plural or not. Very interesting piece of american history. Impressive to have so many.
Learn More...
United States
106502 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10101 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2021  11:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
9-29-2000

I really like that one 999!
Congratulations! So wonderful.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Valued Member
United States
124 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2021  2:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dar76124 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
French medal by Bonnefond recently purchased on Ebay for just slightly over bullion value.

Learn More...
United States
106502 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2021  2:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
French medal by Bonnefond recently purchased on Ebay for just slightly over bullion value.
Outstanding!
Page: of 235 Previous TopicReplies: 3,524 / Views: 228,737Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.63 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: