Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A Continuing Thread ~ Post Your Tokens, Medals, Exonumia Acquisitions

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3,629 / Views: 249,570Next Topic
Page: of 242
Learn More...
United States
112406 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  10:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The third Dutch token in the series celebrating 800 years of City Rights of the town of 's Hertogenbosch is the 10 Gerritje Silver coin. This token features the cathedral of the city on the obverse while the reverse of the coin shows the city seal.
Very nice!
Learn More...
United States
112406 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  10:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I was smitten by this piece in the recent DNW sale. Maria Theresa, 1744 silver jeton by J.C. Roettiers, 26mm, 4.54g.
Fantastic!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1331 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  11:07 am  Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So many great medal posts inspired me to take a look on eBay to see what might fit my US commemorative medal collection.

TERCENTENARY OF MASSACHUSETTS BAY
1630 - 1930

31mm, gilt.

A fairly common medal per my eBay search.

Coins were meant to be spent.
Edited by 999fine
12/06/2021 11:59 am
Learn More...
United States
112406 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  12:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
TERCENTENARY OF MASSACHUSETTS BAY 1630 - 1930
Outstanding!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7544 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  12:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
TERCENTENARY OF MASSACHUSETTS BAY

Nice medal 999fine! Thanks for posting!

In case you are interested...

The medal was struck by Whitehead and Hoag of Newark, NJ and is listed as #12 in the catalog of Massachusetts Tercentenary medals prepared by Shepard Pond (first published in 1931). At the time, Pond was the Secretary of the Boston Numismatic Society. Pond listed approximately 60 medals for the Tercentenary!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
12/06/2021 12:40 pm
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1138 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  3:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

So many great medal posts inspired me to take a look on eBay to see what might fit my US commemorative medal collection.

Nice. Did you end up getting it?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1331 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  3:29 pm  Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
David Graham - yes I did, it arrived this weekend.
Edited by 999fine
12/06/2021 3:31 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1331 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  3:30 pm  Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
commems, thank you for the additional information!
Edited by 999fine
12/06/2021 3:31 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10280 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  5:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A fairly common medal per my eBay search.

But in super nice condition. Very nice.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
823 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2021  5:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add otto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a token issued by the Royal Canadian Mint to vending machine operators for use in machine calibration prior to a new coin release. This appears to be essentially a blank 25-cent piece.

Learn More...
United States
112406 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1331 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2021  10:58 am  Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Otto - first time to see such. Thanks.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
823 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2021  2:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add otto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks jbuck, 999fine. I'm actually not sure if this particular coin was used as a vending machine blank. I read somewhere that the mint was also minting medallions to demonstrate new plating technology. This coin is a member of a set. I'm told 50-cents size. I'll see when I get it.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10280 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2021  10:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Circa 1909 Buffalo Bill - Pawnee Bill Watch Fob

These can also be found as silver plated and sometimes have simple to elaborate advertising or initials engraved on the reverse. Some are left blank.

Buffalo Bill was a successful showman for decades. Pawnee Bill also had a similar traveling show but while famous, he did not outshine the famous Buffalo Bill.
William F. Cody and Gordon William Lillie combined their Wild West Shows in 1908 but it went bankrupt a couple years later.

My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Learn More...
United States
112406 Posts
Page: of 242 Previous TopicReplies: 3,629 / Views: 249,570Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: