Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A Continuing Thread ~ Post Your Tokens, Medals, Exonumia Acquisitions

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 3,644 / Views: 254,084Next Topic
Page: of 243
Valued Member
United States
135 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2022  9:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dar76124 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Kristiania Elektriske Sporvei Token

A/S Kristiania Elektriske Sporvei or KES, nicknamed the Blue Tramway (Norwegian: Blåtrikken), was a company which operated part of the Oslo Tramway between 1894 and 1924.

Learn More...
United States
113515 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
717 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2022  10:20 am  Show Profile   Check captainrich's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add captainrich to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's an eBay purchase I received this week for my set of silver dollar sized medals, known in the hobby as a "Wilson Dollar."

According to NGC, "The Wilson dollar was struck to commemorate the opening of the Manila Mint on July 6, 1920, which was the first and only US mint established outside the continental United States. The obverse is a well-executed bust of then-president Woodrow Wilson. The reverse features "Juno Moneta", the goddess of money and minting, kneeling and supervising a young boy who is pouring coin planchets (or blanks) into a coining press."

When the U.S. Mint established its branch in the Philippines in 1920, this silver dollar sized medal was one of the first numismatic pieces struck at the new facility. Although 2200 silver medals were struck, many of them were dumped into Manila Bay when the Japanese invaded the Philippines near the beginning of WWII. Considering the condition of this particular medal, it looks like it was one of the pieces dredged from the bay after the war.

Learn More...
United States
113515 Posts
Learn More...
United States
113515 Posts
Valued Member
United States
305 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2022  1:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yarm to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jersey 18P token (Dalton-3)

Learn More...
United States
113515 Posts
Valued Member
United States
423 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2022  12:11 pm  Show Profile   Check daltonista's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add daltonista to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Lovely Jersey token, yarm, and hard to come by in higher grades like yours...well, mine too.

Here's its big brother, so to speak, from my "sub-collection" of Channel Islands tokens from the Regency Period.

Dalton 2, Davis 2, KM Tn4

I never pay too much for my tokens...but every now and then I may buy one a little too soon.

Learn More...
United States
113515 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2022  3:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's its big brother, so to speak, from my "sub-collection" of Channel Islands tokens from the Regency Period.
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3932 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2022  5:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Laundry token from Dawn Princess.

Blue Man hobo nickel by N.Y. Mike

USCC wooden nickel

Beer token

Trade dollar

Community Traction Co. token
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,800 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Learn More...
United States
113515 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7770 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2022  09:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@captainrich: I always enjoy having a look at a "Wilson Dollar." The US-PI series is an ongoing interest of mine. Thanks for sharing!

If you're interested in reading more about the "Wilson Dollars." check out my previous post about them:

- 1920 Manila Mint Opening Medals / Wilson Dollars

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12103 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  10:49 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My most recent pickups: the Martin Van Buren and William Henry Harrison Presidential silver medals.

Fun fact: Van Buren is the only US President whose first language was not English.

Also, the Harrison medal is a completely different style than the others in the series. I assume this is because he was only in office for one month and didn't issue any peace medals?
In Memory of Crazyb0 12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious 3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

Oh that I was where I would be,
Then I would be where I am not,
Here I am where I must be,
Go where I would, I can not.
Learn More...
United States
113515 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  09:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My most recent pickups: the Martin Van Buren and William Henry Harrison Presidential silver medals.
Very nice!

Quote:
Fun fact: Van Buren is the only US President whose first language was not English.
I learned something new today.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9468 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2022  9:59 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Someone was letting some coronation medals go on the cheap, so I tossed out a few bids on them without doing any homework, and quite pleased really for not much money. If anyone has any information about these, let me know. I usually collect Victoriana so these are a bit newer for me.

1902 Coronation Medal - Edward VII/Alexandra
Gilt over a textured surface, bronze perhaps? Enamelled reverse. Attachment loop.
High relief. 26.8g, 38mm x 2.7mm

White metal or pewter? Pierced (holed)
Reverse looks a bit dirty but I don't dare attempt to fix it.
17.0g, 37.8mm x 2.7mm

Bronze (?) toned with a bit of iridescence developing on the upper reverse when viewed in hand. Seems quite a bit too heavy to be copper.
Attachment loop. Minor rim ding @ 3:00
18.7g, 33.2mm x 2.5mm

Longhorn Coins & Exonumia
Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC - CCT #890

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Page: of 243 Replies: 3,644 / Views: 254,084Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.71 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: