Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A continuing thread ~ Post your recent Tokens, Medals, Exonumia acquisition

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 82
Pillar of the Community
United States
976 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2018  9:13 pm  Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice nostalgia, buggies and surries.
Coins were meant to be spent.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7480 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2018  12:05 am  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Buggy's Token!

Quote:
Any one going to the IKOTAMS show in Englewood Ohio this weekend

I wish I were going. I'd go crazy!
(That's one good reason for me to stay away)
On the left of most every CCF page, I am trying to remember to use CCF Partners links. They are highlighted in lime green!
It helps CCF a little. Try it!
Valued Member
United States
401 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2018  3:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thisistheshow to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
IKOTAMS

I had to look it up. very cool
Pillar of the Community
United States
528 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2018  10:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Penny Guy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Been waiting many years for a Coldwater MI store card to come to market. Finally found one. Coldwater is a single merchant town, both varieties are Rarity-8, so not too many around.

This leaves me with a single token needed to complete a Michigan towns & cities set of 55 Tokens.

[URL="https://postimg.cc/CRkgsMPN][/url]

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3933 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2018  11:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Penny Guy: Congrats on finding such a scarce token. How long have you been working on your Michigan C&T set?

Collecting history, one commemorative coin (or medal) at a time!
Original content (c) Commems, 2012-2018
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2441 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  08:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice token.
Everyday is a great day. Semper Fi.
ANA number: 3178122
NTCA number:10118
My Wants List: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Bedrock of the Community
United States
13686 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  09:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great store card! Very tough one to find.
Learn More...
United States
61543 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Been waiting many years for a Coldwater MI store card to come to market. Finally found one. Coldwater is a single merchant town, both varieties are Rarity-8, so not too many around.
Congratulations!

Quote:
This leaves me with a single token needed to complete a Michigan towns & cities set of 55 Tokens.
Good luck.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7480 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  10:05 am  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Patience pays off. Nice civil war store card token. From what I learned, Rarity 8 means there are about 5 or 10 known! I don't recall seeing a token with a similar Liberty that resembles the 3 cent piece.
On the left of most every CCF page, I am trying to remember to use CCF Partners links. They are highlighted in lime green!
It helps CCF a little. Try it!
Valued Member
United States
401 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  12:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thisistheshow to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Penny Guy, I am happy for you. Great find. Congratulations!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7185 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  5:51 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Most of my Conder / Bell tokens are pretty, or at least presentable, but this one is definitely not pretty!

But I had to save it from consignment to the junk/melt pile...so here it is. This common token was also issued in penny size (34mm.)

It will be going for a very long bath in some Verdi-Care.

1811 - Bristol halfpenny token. AE, 28mm. Reeded edge.
Withers W 472

Obv: Ship - PATENT SHEATHING NAIL MANUFACTORY / BRISTOL

Rev: Denomination - PAYABLE AT BRISTOL AND LONDON / HALF PENNY TOKEN / 1811

Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC
Specializing in 1932-1964 Washington quarters

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Learn More...
United States
61543 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7185 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  6:03 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another recent acquisition, not perfect, but much nicer than the halfpenny token above!

Todd, Burns & Co. issued several variations of these farthing tokens - they are trade tokens because they feature a denomination (farthing) and not just store cards, although they occasionally get classified as store cards or adverts. Irish 19th c. trade tokens tend to be a bit scarcer than British issues of the same era, but this particular issue is fairly common.

1834 Ireland (Dublin) farthing token. AE, 21mm, plain edge / beaded borders.

Bell 6310. Numerous die chips and filled letters on this example, and a fine reddish chocolate in color.

Obv: W. TODD & CO., DRAPERS, CORK, & LIMERICK / PAYABLE IN DUBLIN, CORK, OR LIMERICK. at center.

Rev: TODD, BURNS & CO. DRAPERS, MARY ST, DUBLIN / 1834 / ONE FARTHING at center.

Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC
Specializing in 1932-1964 Washington quarters

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Pillar of the Community
United States
528 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  6:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Penny Guy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Commems: Congrats on finding such a scarce token. How long have you been working on your Michigan C&T set?

Thanks. Started on this set about 10 years ago. It's been a long haul. The hardest Michigan token to find is Saranac, which I still need.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2441 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  10:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice adds
Everyday is a great day. Semper Fi.
ANA number: 3178122
NTCA number:10118
My Wants List: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Page: of 82  Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05