Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A Continuing Thread ~ Post Your Recent Tokens, Medals, Exonumia Acquisition

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 98
Learn More...
United States
65253 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2019  11:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This thread is like going to college without leaving my couch. Every day I'm learning something new.
Agreed!
Learn More...
United States
65253 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2019  12:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So to fill a gap that I think should not have been there in the first place. Here without further ado.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7611 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2019  12:31 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nohope-ster Thanks for reading the thread. And thanks to everyone else too. How can I not add a copper CCF medal to my collection now?
PM has been sent. I noticed down the row there was one in items for sale on the left.

This black box will magically transform into a picture of my medal when it arrives.

2013 (minted) CCF Coin Community Family Copper Medal est. 2005

numismatist:
One who studies or collects money or substitutes thereof.
Edited by TNG
01/08/2019 2:52 pm
United States
23 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2019  12:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add beancounter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A few more merchant tokens that I picked up.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7611 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2019  12:53 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those are in great condition beancounter!
Is that bottom one with the handshake a civil war store card token?
numismatist:
Learn More...
United States
65253 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2019  2:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This black box will magically transform into a picture of my medal when it arrives.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7646 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2019  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Check oih82w8's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is my 2018 Knights of the Coin Table Two Ounce Silver Cob Medal.

(images by robec)
oih82w8 = "Oh I Hate To Wait"
"I tell her coins keep me off the streets and out of the bars." Moe145
"WOO-SAA...WOo-SAa...Woo-Saa" (calm down)
"An individual who vacillates when there is need of action will find themself beyond the hope of future success."

My Virtual 7070 https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/ty...album/142105
Edited by oih82w8
01/08/2019 4:11 pm
Learn More...
United States
65253 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2019  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This is my 2018 Knights of the Coin Table Two Ounce Silver Cob Medal.
Looks amazing.
United States
23 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2019  5:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add beancounter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@TNG

Quote:
Is that bottom one with the handshake a civil war store card token?

According to Rulau it was produced in 1860, so I guess it could be either. The reference to the constitution provides a strong case that it is more of a civil war token than a merchant token. Although he did categorized it as a merchant token.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3461 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2019  10:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some very nice adds
Everyday is a great day. Semper Fi.
ANA number: 3178122
NTCA number:10118
My Wants List: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7622 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  11:33 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked up a Belgian medal and several medals/tokens from the Netherlands. I will post them here with what I know -- I haven't done research yet -- and if anyone has anything to contribute about any of these pieces, please do so!!

#1 - Belgium, medalet or fob with loop
23mm diameter, brass or bronze
Leopold II obverse / reverse dated 12 July 1874, Gand (Ghent?)

#2 - Netherlands, 1978-dated token - Hoorn
30mm, white metal
Church on one side / coat of arms and value of "1 schelling" on the other

#3 - Netherlands, 1981-dated medal or token - Friesland
30mm, probably CuNi or more likely nickel steel, prooflike towards the middle

One side has Dutch maiden motif with Latin legend, similar to late 17th c. 1/2 3 Guilders of Friesland / the other has coat of arms and identifies Friesland

#4 - Netherlands - 1982-dated 500 Year Anniversary of Deventer medal or token
22.5mm, brass
One side has coat of arms and legend MONE NOVA DAVENTRIA
Other side has picture of a dome and Dutch legend, dual dated 1482-1982

#5 - Netherlands - no date medal or token
30mm, nickel or nickel brass
Possibly from Groningen.
One side (probably intentionally) blundered legend imitating a Kampen mint AV Noble of Philip II, should be "MON AUR CIVI CAMPEN VALO FLAN"
Other side has Dutch legend and map, "De Wereld Van De Hanze" and value of "1 Nobel"

Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC
Specializing in 1932-1964 Washington quarters

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Edited by paralyse
01/10/2019 11:35 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7611 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2019  12:04 am  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry paralyse, all I can add is this. Nice group!
numismatist:
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3461 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2019  07:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A nice bunch of items paralyse
Everyday is a great day. Semper Fi.
ANA number: 3178122
NTCA number:10118
My Wants List: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Learn More...
United States
65253 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2019  10:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Picked up a Belgian medal and several medals/tokens from the Netherlands.
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7611 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2019  2:02 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1947 Lindbergh c.smith Gilt bronze proof-like so called Half Dollar

This medal is one of 4 gilt bronze versions of the collection of 1947 and 1948 c.smith so called half dollars that I have found so far.

Others I have found plated are 1947 Edison, Byrd and the 1948 Sampson.
In all there were 12 nickel proof-like medals.
8 - 1947 issues and
4 - 1948 which had a theme for the 50th anniversary of the Spanish American War.
This medal comes from the same die as the 1947 c.smith so-called half dollars but probably struck in an earlier or later year in bronze and plated.
A little confusing, but it is not one of the c.smith so called half dollars.
I also have a non plated dark bronze Lucky Lindbergh from the same dies.

For more info on these check out this link and the help I got from commems in the second post on c.smith.
http://goccf.com/t/328924

I collect non sport trading cards that go along with many of my medals.
Here is a popular 1954 Topps Scoop Lindbergh Flies Atlantic No 3 in very nice condition I just had to have.

numismatist:
Page: of 98 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05