Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Anyone else troll the low prices first page?  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1661 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2017  2:34 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Does anyone else troll the 'Price: Lowest First' page on Heritage to find good deals?

Unless you buy in bulk most of these purchases don't look so great when you figure in minimum commissions and shipping. Just curious if anyone has found good deals this way.
Hi, my name is MikeF and I suffer from Seated dollar fever. Starting a twelve step program next week.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
18947 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2017  4:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I never do to be honest, though I frequently do on eBay.
"You can't fool all the people all the time - others would like a chance."

Pillar of the Community
United States
1190 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2017  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Check Andrew99's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Andrew99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I always look at the Did Not Sell list after the auction, but there is almost always a reason it did not sell. There likely aren't very many good deals in Heritage's Buy It Now inventory, but there will be some good coins.
The collection is in your mind. Dispose of your albums and free your mind from the tyranny of holes.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10491 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2017  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Heritage has a huge number of snipers who watch lows. You might occasionally get something 20-30% below average, but it's usually on coins almost no one wants because of PMD or ugly toning as the two most common reasons.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5175 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2017  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry Mike, the minute Heritage comes up my wallet goes closed, one of those automatic responses of survival, ya know!
FREE! Coin IDing For Dummies Vol. 1, "The Minting process and Doubled Dies", in PDF format!
AND Now NEW!
Coin IDing for Dummies Vol. 2, "Error coins and More!", in PDF Format!
Both are here: http://goccf.com/t/296596

"Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press and a disarmed populace."
James Madison
Learn More...
United States
48557 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2017  5:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They only reason why I look at Heritage is for the photos.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1661 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  01:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah that's kind of what I figured. They have a large audience but was just curious if any of you have found good deals that way.

One a side note: I wonder what % of Heritage members are dealers. If I were in the business of coins, I imagine I would troll for good deals every week. Even better, place my limit orders at cdn and scalp the coins that don't get caught up in bidding wars. Seems like a sound strategy.

@ Andrew, I've trolled the 'did not sell' list many times. From my experience the reason most of those coins don't sell is b/c of unreasonable reserves.
Hi, my name is MikeF and I suffer from Seated dollar fever. Starting a twelve step program next week.
Edited by MikeF
12/06/2017 01:41 am
Learn More...
United States
23394 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  11:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
One a side note: I wonder what % of Heritage members are dealers. If I were in the business of coins, I imagine I would troll for good deals every week. Even better, place my limit orders at cdn and scalp the coins that don't get caught up in bidding wars. Seems like a sound strategy.

There are innumerable examples of Heritage purchases winding up in dealers' offerings relatively quickly; it's not difficult to assume Heritage counts many dealers among their customers. I've had occasional luck cherrypicking from them. One good target is Internet-Only auctions ending during major shows....
Pillar of the Community
United States
1661 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2017  12:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
One good target is Internet-Only auctions ending during major shows....

@Super Dave, that's how I landed that toned 32 half. It only took one cut bid.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05