Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1859 Half Dollar for Grade and Opinions  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
102 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  7:00 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Heymikep to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I just picked this one up and would like your thoughts on the coin.

Thanks!

Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  7:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joe2007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-55 - Nice coin!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10571 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  7:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with 55, but I'm uncertain on the surfaces.

Obverse typical lighter strike on right most easily seen on star centers.

No marks of particular distraction.

I'm just shy of liking this one just because of uncertainty in originality of surfaces.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1137 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  7:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ploopy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Collector of any American coinage.
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
10779 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joseph7420 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-53.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1674 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  12:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your pictures look like mine. I understand why some might question surface originally from the harsh light pics. I do the same thing with the lamp on my desk to bring out toning that isn't readily apparent. The down side is most folks aren't used to these types of pics and they also enhance a coins possible flaws. I think what I'm seeing with your lamp-on pictures is luster as I don't see any hairlines or polishing. Au-55 here.
Hi, my name is MikeF and I suffer from Seated dollar fever. Starting a twelve step program next week.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7091 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  10:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-53
Sets in progress... Mercury dimes, Washington quarters, 7070 Type Set
View my collection here! http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10518
ANA: 3183215
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3349 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  1:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
au53. reverse hairlines may indicate a cleaning and may details the coin.
numismatic_student aka CoinNerd
Wanna trade? View my Want List and items for trade: http://coinnerdtrading.blogspot.com/
CoinNerd's Type Set: http://coinnerdtypeset.blogspot.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
1278 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  2:49 pm  Show Profile   Check bandsdean's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add bandsdean to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm hoping the lighting bought out those hairlines. I think this coin should make AU-50. Try taking some pics in natural light without the holder.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
19086 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  3:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-53, very nice.
"You can't fool all the people all the time - others would like a chance."

Pillar of the Community
United States
1188 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  4:58 pm  Show Profile   Check murty's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add murty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Au-55
Pillar of the Community
United States
754 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-55, surfaces look good to me.
Valued Member
United States
102 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2017  3:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Heymikep to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for everyone's opinions, my thoughts on grade was at XF45 to AU50 so I am happy. I do have a difficult time getting the best image. Here are some images from natural light.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3349 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2017  3:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
numismatic_student aka CoinNerd
Wanna trade? View my Want List and items for trade: http://coinnerdtrading.blogspot.com/
CoinNerd's Type Set: http://coinnerdtypeset.blogspot.com/
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05