Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Addition to my historical figures collection-Phillip I (the Handsome)  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
821 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  12:50 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add orfew to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I made the mistake of "browsing" Harlan Berk's 203rd Bid or Buy sale. I saw this coin and I suddenly blurted out "mine!".

I admittedly did not know much about the character represented by this coin, but it turns out he was an important and interesting historical figure. He was called Phillip the Fair or Phillip the Handsome aka Phillip I King of Castille. He was related to many many rulers in Europe over the centuries, and his family was very influential.

I am very happy to add this one. I really like the look of this coin.
Brabant, ND St Phillipus Goldgulden F/VF, 1500-1506
(24.6 mm 3.1 g)
Obv: The saint standing in front of him the shield hand crowned at the end of the legend.
Rev: Flowered cross
Delm 86
Harlan Berk 203rd Buy or Bid sale. Purchased December 6, 2017.

"Cave ab homine unius libri"
Edited by orfew
12/07/2017 12:57 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4640 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  01:43 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is certainly a handsome coin!
"When you make the finding yourself - even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light - you'll never forget it."
-Carl Sagan

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Valued Member
United Kingdom
383 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  02:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coopertron5000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice acquisition, well done. Lovely example
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
922 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  03:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coconutjoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I feel you.

I told my self [That's} "mine!" many times.

Nice coin!
"Wisdom is not a product of schooling
but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it."
- Albert Einstein

I have a CONTEST going on right now! Win CCF Token, Morgan or Peace dollar, and Franklin half.

http://goccf.com/t/301981
Learn More...
United States
20370 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  03:48 am  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a beauty.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2866 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  07:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great looking coin!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
891 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  07:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a beautiful coin!

Everyday is a great day. Semper Fi.
ANA Number: 3178122
My Wants List: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Valued Member
Spain
411 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  07:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Palouche to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely coin,nice detail on the face.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
821 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  07:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add orfew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to all for the kind comments.
"Cave ab homine unius libri"
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3954 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Super addition!
Selling authentic Roman denarii, starting @$8:
http://goccf.com/t/299965
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10571 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  4:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The type of quality you can enjoy over and over again. Congratulations.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4648 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@orphew, that is one sweet medieval coin--great golden pick-up!
"It certainly strikes the beholder with astonishment, to perceive what vast difficulties can be overcome by the pigmy arms of little mortal man, aided by science and directed by superior skill." --Henry Tudor (the lawyer not the king)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5978 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2017  11:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love goldgulden (even though I can't afford to collect them) and that one is a choice example. Well bought.
Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC
Specializing in 1932-1964 Washington quarters

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.87 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05