Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1859 Triple Punch 9..t2....haxby Pc59-20a2

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3234 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2017  3:56 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add DEVLEC to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Many thanks to Dr. J Haxby for making all of these many great varieties come to life on his extensive site..

Submitted many to PCGS and it took a while to receive them.

I've show this cent before but with 'added contrast' in the photos to better show the 9 etc..The contrast also added more black than is actually the case here.

The very light marks did not seem to bother PCGS and graded it straight up....

I was going to use the "recommended Goo-Gone" but finally decided not to touch this cent and send it in 'as found'.

Fortunately for my cents, and with the many recent discussions here, my Goo-Gone remains unopened..

Tough to find this variety..and very tough to find in this nicer grade.

I had an offer, but "the very interested party" bailed out at "crunch time"...and took back his committed offer.

Full book $$ now wanted for this tough one.,..but naturally, I'm also very happy to hold onto it now.

Any views + or - appreciated..

Pillar of the Community
Canada
582 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2017  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add viper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice one indeed DEVLEC and a hard one to find in high grade

Congratulations !!

MG
Pillar of the Community
United States
763 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2017  4:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Phil310 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a very nice 20a2 DEVLEC!

You can see the triple punch on the 9 very clearly in your photo. Nice job!

Quote:
and a hard one to find in high grade

Valued Member
Canada
266 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2017  4:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Andy888 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
great looking coin mate.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2840 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2017  5:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin Devlec. I have a few, but not that nice. For those of you with the 2011 (65th ed) Charlton, it's p293.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3234 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2017  8:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DEVLEC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks again..But I'm also quite sure that some of the above members also have this in a great grade..(would love to see them here)

I've been told (by the best known holder) to never part with the higher grade examples..as they are very elusive.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1427 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2017  11:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add canadian-varieties to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice coin. Congratulations on the slabbing..

I did offer a trade for it...I dont remember the particulars now, but there is no way I committed my PCGS #2 ranked DP9-3 AU50 for this coin, and that's what you wanted for your minor 9/9 inked raw EF coin (prior to the current slabbing).

You wanted way too much in trade, I backed off and you've been bitter about it and have been attacking me on this site ever since.

Dont be bitter. It's a great coin, enjoy it. I monitor and collect about 800 varieties.

I try to have the best of each kind but it's difficult, you cant' win them all and you can't have them all...you have some sick silver varieties too..I've seen the jaw-dropping pics..

I know what it's like to be obsessed with a variety - you overvalue it, you think your coin deserves a top price or top trade, I get that too.

It's a great coin, it's a rare coin - just dont be so attached to it. It's still one of the minor 9/9s, even okiecoiner will agree. Rare - yes, Heritage Auction material? - No. Many years still away from that if ever.
Edited by canadian-varieties
12/11/2017 11:29 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
869 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1427 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2017  02:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add canadian-varieties to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
bosox...I almost bid on that one but backed off...not sure how high you were willing to go...price seems fair

The finest minor 9/9s can be bought as low as $200 (if unlabeled) or as high as $2000.

The finest major 9/9s go from $8000-$12000 roughly.

DP9-1 MS64 ~ $10,000US Belzberg
DP9-2 MS65 (never seen the MS65 for sale, a few MS64s have gone ~ $4000US
DP9-3 MS64 ICCS finest went for ~ $12,000 on eBay
DP9-4 MS64 (not sure, my MS63 was bought for ~ $3000
DP9-5 MS64 $7000 (bought as ICCS MS60, crossed to PCGS at MS64)
TP9-1 AU55 (not sure what you bought yours for, I paid $2500 but mine was mislabeled and not sold as TP9...
9/6 AU58 on Heritage $9000US (I wont count your MS64 unlabeled $1000 buy of the decade ;)
Edited by canadian-varieties
12/12/2017 02:56 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
869 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2017  03:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bosox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You are mistaken. I was neither seller nor buyer. I have owned a better one for about fifteen years.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2840 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2017  05:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow ... that's about the epitomy of narcissism. Any way Devlec, nice coin, and nice catch regardless what others say.
Pillar of the Community
United States
869 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2017  06:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bosox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I saw Devlec's coin in hand a couple of years ago in Ottawa. It is quite nice and quite scarce.
Learn More...
Canada
8930 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2017  10:23 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I was going to use the "recommended Goo-Gone" but finally decided not to touch this cent and send it in 'as found'.

Fortunately for my cents, and with the many recent discussions here, my Goo-Gone remains unopened..

Tread very carefully here DEVLEC, and please focus on the coin itself... the administration here does not look kindly at any attempts of trolling...

In case you need a refresher:

Trolling: sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting off-topic messages in an online community with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion.
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3234 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2017  10:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DEVLEC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I saw Devlec's coin in hand a couple of years ago in Ottawa. It is quite nice and quite scarce.

Thanks for the added comments..but bosox has the most amazing and nicest 20a2 that I ever hope to see.

This is the 20a2 that was shown in Ottawa. Again, another very nice one to enjoy and share with like variety collectors here.

Nice that I got to acquire one with such nice luster and some red remaining..

Like Okie and a few others here ( Okie, bosox, MG, Phil310, DBM and of course Jim and others..),..you collect for so many decades..some good ones will hopefully pop up from way in the past..

The last pic shows the 9 very well on this better 20a2..

This last pic shows the triple 9 very well. Also seen on p.293 in the 2011 Charlton..

Edited by DEVLEC
12/12/2017 4:07 pm
Valued Member
Canada
474 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2017  11:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Strach-Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great looking coin DEVLEC .
Valued Member
Canada
266 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2017  11:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Andy888 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
now I know what 'trolling' means. learn something new everyday!
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.77 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05