Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

All Aboard! Railroad Stocks & Bonds

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9
Learn More...
United States
78380 Posts
Valued Member
United States
397 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2019  2:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! That is so cool! That's the first set of American Bank Note certificates that I've seen in its original book form. How did you come across it?
Pillar of the Community
United States
599 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2019  2:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool Wheatback!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2656 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2019  01:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found them online - - They are from an old railroader's estate. I have a couple more. One actually has an ABN Co. stamp/sticker on the inside cover. I'll post the others soon.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2656 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2019  11:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's another one. This one is dated 1902 with some partially signed by the Treasurer and hole canceled. The others remain unissued and in perfect condition. The paper is light pink and has an ABNCo stamp on the front cover.

Valued Member
United States
397 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2019  6:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a fantastic find -- thanks so much for posting it. I really like the ABNC label!

Interestingly, there is a representative example shown on the Coxrail database for this scrip certificate. It is serial number #502 -- so it came out of your book!

https://www.coxrail.com/database/Fi...AL-662d-O-50
Edited by GregAlex
11/08/2019 6:06 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2656 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2019  6:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Actually I believe that is the 'white paper' version of this scrip certificate. I don't think he has any scanned photos of the 'pink paper', which is what my book is. They are also for exchange prior to Dec 31, 1902 instead of Nov 1901. I'll have to get a scan for him. I also noticed he doesn't have a rarity logged either, so that's interesting. Might be rather scarce as well. But now I have a whole book of them, so maybe not anymore.
Edited by WheatBack
11/08/2019 6:35 pm
Learn More...
United States
78380 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2019  2:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's another one. This one is dated 1902 with some partially signed by the Treasurer and hole canceled. The others remain unissued and in perfect condition. The paper is light pink and has an ABNCo stamp on the front cover.
Excellent!
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.9 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05