Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A Running Thread Of Chafemasterj's Counterstamped Lincoln Cents...

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,618 / Views: 115,420Next Topic
Page: of 108
Valued Member
Canada
488 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2021  11:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dennman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think you got this one IDd. It looks like he's panning gold.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
61418 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2021  11:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, that has to be right.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4266 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2021  1:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
As far as a catalogue I don't think I'd have it in me. Not sure what I would comment or have to add about each one. I don't know. Something I have never thought of until you brought it up.

@chafemaster, you would really not have comment or add in most cases. It could primarily be a listing with a description or a picture of the counterstamp, as in most cases it would be self-explanatory. I'll bet that most of them are already photographed. Comments could added if you happen to know the issuer/ when, or if the meaning of the stamp is unclear.

Maybe just a picture gallery in CCF with a text listing of all of them.

Anyone who has this much of a side collection "needs" to create a mini-opus to enlighten the uninitiated.

Just a notion, at any rate.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5039 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2021  7:10 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thought this one might be Lewis and Clark getting out of a canoe.

Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
https://www.coincommunity.com/forum...IC_ID=303507
Learn More...
United States
104611 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
7436 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2021  5:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with the attributions. The minuteman seems to b standing in front of maybe a town in the background?
How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Valued Member
United States
125 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2021  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oldno7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some interesting answers for all.

The 1982 guy on a boat is, Washington crossing the Delaware.
The 1982-d of the guy at a podium is for the Battle of Atlanta.
The 1981 prospector in for the California Gold Rush.
The 1982 Lewis and Clark you got perfect.

All of these are from a Large Card titled " Historic Americana depicted on Coins".

It was produced by Bennett-Graf Inc. North Miami Florida.

There are actually 27 Cents with counter stamps on the card.
Valued Member
United States
125 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2021  9:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oldno7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't really see this one, but the 1982 that is suspected of being a MinuteMan is also on the card and it says that it is for the Gettysburg Address.

Also, all of the coins on my card are dated 1976.
Learn More...
United States
104611 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5039 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  1:42 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW. Thank you oldno7. 27 of them are out there to be found. I think I have 6 or 7 more from that set coming up.

Oldno7. Do you think there'd be any chance of getting you to post a picture of just the card?
Edited by chafemasterj
09/28/2021 1:45 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5039 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  1:42 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is one that I think represents the Pony Express. I posted this one or one very similar about a year ago I think but here goes anyway...

Valued Member
United States
125 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  1:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oldno7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I will try to post a picture of the card later today. The card is actually 12" by 16".

The Pony Express one is also on there.
Learn More...
United States
104611 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  4:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here is one that I think represents the Pony Express.
Very nice!
Valued Member
United States
125 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  9:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oldno7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a photo of the card.

Valued Member
Canada
488 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  11:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dennman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That card takes the guesswork out of trying to make sense of those counter stamps on the single cents. Thanks oldno7 for posting that in a readable size.The Chicago fire counter stamp makes sense now.
Edited by Dennman
09/28/2021 11:23 pm
Page: of 108 Previous TopicReplies: 1,618 / Views: 115,420Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05