Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2018 US coins in circulation.

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16
Pillar of the Community
558 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2018  02:00 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Now that it has hit 12:00 am where I live meaning it is officially midnight I would like to start the thread where we report finding 2018 dated coins in circulation. As it is Jan. 1 2018 it is possible though unlikely that any will be gotten today. When I did this type of thread last year it was popular. That thread had over 26,000 views and 330 comments. Here's hoping for a thread just as popular.

Coins gotten in circulation through either change or a bank. Please tell the city and state where you got them.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7810 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2018  02:37 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing yet.
"Baseball gets you out in the fresh air and keeps you from talking about your neighbors."
-Lib Dooley

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8648 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2018  02:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It'll be a couple months before we see a 2018 coin in central Texas.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3778 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2018  03:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm in Texas, but I usually find my first New Year's Coins in Las Vegas.

I go about once a month. I would expect them to start turning up there in either February or March....we shall see!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7810 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2018  03:49 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Really, while also being in Texas, I expect it to take at least a couple months to see one pop up. If it's like 2017, it will probably be a dime that I see first.

Or, if KenKat repeats, I may see a couple cents first.
"Baseball gets you out in the fresh air and keeps you from talking about your neighbors."
-Lib Dooley

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
United States
9 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2018  04:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add aingers2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good morning,

I know that most collectors like the older coins that are not in circulation much anymore, so as a new comer to the coin collecting what should I look for in the new coins and why would I want to add some of the new coins to the collection since they are face value?

Regards,

Anthony
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6395 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2018  06:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing so far in Maryland.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15716 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2018  07:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Minnesota -16 to -30 below zero WITHOUT wind chill factors.

The only way I'm going to find one is if it knocks on my front door.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
14322 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2018  09:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If 2018 is like 2017, I'll probably see my first one long about November.
Gary Schmidt
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3087 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2018  10:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing yet (also in Texas and I'm still in my PJs so no way realistically to have gotten one)
-----Burton
45 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Owned by four cats and a wife of 35 years (joined 1983)
United States
24 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2018  4:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gamez1040 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
None here in Florida. I hope to find something new in the 2018 coinage! Do you think there might be errors of accidentally putting a 'P' for 2018 pennies?
Pillar of the Community
United States
5536 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2018  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing here yet.
Collector of all classic US coinage.

How to identify cleaned coins: http://goccf.com/t/319679
Learn More...
United States
60233 Posts
United States
34 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2018  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rubenbeagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2018!! Hah! It'll be months here in northern Illinois.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16918 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2018  10:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If 2018 is like 2017, I'll probably see my first one long about November.

Usually a few years after that for me.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
615 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2018  12:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mayflower2020 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Last year I found 2 quarters in mid January in downtown Boston. Hoping to have the same luck this year.
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.8 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05