Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2018 US coins in circulation.

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16
Pillar of the Community
United States
1100 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2018  09:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shotgung to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is this the first dime here? I did a quick scan and didn't see any other pictures.

Might be, I haven't seen one yet and I know I haven't received one yet in change.
Heading to Kilimanjaro June 30th, the first of my 7 Summit attempt
Pillar of the Community
United States
4198 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2018  09:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All right.
It seems that cents are usually the first to show, but for me it was a dime this year and a nickel last (at the airport in February, probably the earliest for me)
ANA member no. 3183942 since 2010.
Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2018  03:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DeputyMax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got a 2018-d ATB pictured rocks quarter from the snack machine at work today. First 2018 anyone in my circle of family and friends here in Southern California has seen.
I never met a man I didnít like - Will Rogers
I never met a half dollar I didnít like - DeputyMax
Pillar of the Community
United States
3920 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2018  07:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chuckster 125 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just pulled from BWR and a CWR of Pennies

2- 2018P and 1-2018D.

North Western New Jersey.
Learn More...
United States
60443 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1298 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2018  7:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got two Apostle Island-P quarters from Meijer today.
Edited by coinsearcher83
04/11/2018 7:36 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1302 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2018  9:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My first 2018, 60 miles N of Denver mint, hot off the presses, Pictured Rocks. Saw the beer store lady pull it out of a fresh pile in the register and I just knew. At first I thought it was going to be a high MS example maybe to keep, but as you can see, no. Interesting to me, the L in Liberty is close to missing and the rim-side halves of United and Quarter are very weak, as is the hair around the temple. Too soon I think to be a dryer coin so I'm guessing later stage die. They're just clanking these things out.
United States
16 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2018  2:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Richard gladfelt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found my first 2018 today ,pictured rocks quarter. It was already pretty banged up sad.
Pillar of the Community
United States
615 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2018  01:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mayflower2020 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got a Pictured Rocks 2018 D in change at the airport in Los Angeles last week. First 2018 I have seen, and I had to fly 3000 miles to find it. :)
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2018  05:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinjem to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I stopped by a bank yesterday and got two rolls of quarters, expecting a mix of dates, but all the quarters were 2018D Pictured Rocks! (The first 2018 quarter was added to my collection). Now my date set is complete back to 1932 again. :)

I was surprised to find tiny knicks on every coin right out of the bank roll.

Edited by coinjem
04/17/2018 07:28 am
Valued Member
United States
231 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2018  07:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TJLang to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great Job coinjem!
I can do from 1965 to 2017
missing only 1 2012 Maine ATB
The Hunt goes on.
Hey Cashier, What's in your draw? have anything odd ? New or Old?
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2018  07:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinjem to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks TJLang. I'm still looking for some of the Philadelphia ATB Quarters; all the 2010Ps, both P and D Yellowstone and Grand Canyon (I camped there last year-wonderful place!), 2011 Gettysburg, Glacier, Vicksburg, 2012P Acadia,... and even more recent (2017s). The Phily coins are just not too plentiful here in Texas.

Grand Canyon Desert View:
Edited by coinjem
04/17/2018 07:51 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
4198 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2018  08:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've still just found the one dime. I guess I don't make enough purchases for a lot of change to pass by.
I collected the statehood issues (up to age 8), but after that the territories and ATBs just stopped interesting me. I haven't bothered paying attention to the new ones.
ANA member no. 3183942 since 2010.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1302 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2018  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I was surprised to find tiny knicks on every coin right out of the bank roll.
I got a roll of Effigy Mounds last year straight from the launch ceremony in Iowa, same thing. Nicks, scratches, grease strike-through and/or splotches on every one.
United States
44 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2018  10:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dsburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm in the Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA area, and all I've come across are two Lincoln Shield Cents for 2018 (P) and one Jefferson nickel in 2018 D. Of course, the better cent and the nickel are in my coin folders and the second penny is still sitting on my nightstand.

Shane
Edited by dsburton
04/17/2018 10:53 am
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05