Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2004 D ddr FS-801 Lincoln Cent found, need comments on grade.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
476 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  5:54 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Hey all, This is the 2004 D DDR 801 I found last summer in a brick from Salem, OR. the pics, are best I can do but it is a solid EDS 801 the top of bays 9,10,11 solid doubling and all letters of E pluribus unum also solid. Unless you kant the coin down and to left you wont notice any doubling or thickness. This one can be missed easily. I have also found 3 2004 D DDO 803 802? not sure but they only have doubling on UNM oof unum and on left lower memorial floor.

I haven't been able to track any certified slabbed coins sold at auction or on eBay. does anyone have an idea of what the premium is on the 801?

I have a slabbed 2004 DDR FS-801 in 62 RB and in my opinion its a better stronger variety than the 2004 D 801. anyhows would appreciate your comments on grade and value. Thanks
Valued Member
United States
476 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  7:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oops there is no FS-101 in this model. Sorry, it is corrected to be 2004D 1DR-001.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15214 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  8:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure about the DDR, I don't collect these minor doubled dies.

AU-53
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1390 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  8:25 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can't verify the DDR with these pictures. Need closeups.

I don't know much about grading, but wouldn't that long scratch from you in UNITED to the E in CENT make this details?
Valued Member
United States
476 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  10:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU 53 ouch! My grading skills are in trouble. The scratch looks much worse in pic. than in hand. What is available out there that can be hooked up to an Android for closeups? My pics. only frustrate folks including myself. The example shown has dynamite doubling and would love to share it with the forum. Is there a slip over magnification device I remember reading about on one of the old posts?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3724 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  09:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU55 a lot of ware on the obv.
Please feel free to view my Gallery
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10523
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28883 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  10:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS details (scratched).
Pillar of the Community
United States
6202 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  12:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU details, scratched. Definitely not Mint State.
Collector of all classic US coinage.

How to identify cleaned coins: http://goccf.com/t/319679
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.54 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05