Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

BU Roll of Buffalo Nickels  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
2106 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  12:04 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add solotime to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So I always get bored of trying to do complete sets.
So now instead I am just only buying whatever I feel like buying.

At this moment, I am trying to find a BU roll of Buffalo nickels that is possibly unsearched. (<<I can at least hope)

While searching eBay I have found this >>> https://www.ebay.com/itm/BU-Roll-of....m1438.l2649

I would love to buy this, but my only problem is the price. He got them priced at what MS-63 cost graded.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3380 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  12:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With any Buffalo nickel roll like this you pretty much assume that it has been searched for varieties and high grades.

Anything that might hit "66" or better has probably been cherry picked. Coin dealers do not like leaving money on the table.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1867 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  12:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My eyebrows all ways raise when I hear, 'In my opinion, this is an original roll, and not a put together roll.'
I hate 'in my opinion' lead ins on raw coins. I highly doubt it's unsearched. No way someone would leave a potential lottery coin on the table.

That said the seller looks legit, so it would be a question of whether or not you're feeling really lucky.
Hi, my name is MikeF and I suffer from Seated dollar fever. Starting a twelve step program next week. I currently have a graded early copper collection for sale. http://goccf.com/t/304984
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1034 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  12:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coconutjoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, let just put it this way.

With some patience, you can put together a roll of slabbed MS64 1937 Buffalo nickels for $1150.

It's naive to think the roll has not been cherry picked.
"Wisdom is not a product of schooling
but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it."
- Albert Einstein
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5260 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  01:04 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with the above.

Also, I hate seeing rolls of BU coins displayed that way. How many scratches were produced while trying to get a good shot?
"When you make the finding yourself - even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light - you'll never forget it."
-Carl Sagan

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Pillar of the Community
United States
2106 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  04:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add solotime to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I actually thought about just buying 40 of all the same Buffalo nickels. For example, I would buy 40 of "1938 D in MS-65".
Sure it probably won't have any additional value in the future, but it's just for my collection. Also, it would be cheaper instead of paying it all up front at once.

If that roll was actually not cherry picked, it could have a 67 which is a $300 coin. Or it should have quite a few 66's.
But seeing all his coins being TPG, it makes you wonder why he wouldn't get it graded. Which therefore I assume they're grades like MS-62 to MS-65.

If anyone knows any other BU rolls, let me know.

@Spruett001, I feel the same way for how he laid them all out like that. But if he carefully done it, probably should be safe.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6643 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  08:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it was an original roll, they would be in the roll. Those nickels have been through many hands.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7027 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  09:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
,and I would steer clear .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Bedrock of the Community
United States
16030 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  09:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just to many people still with that UNSEARCHED stuff. May as well try buying the Empire State building.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
1752 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This eBay seller has some nice coins, but the price is always too high. On the coins that I had made offers on from seller, I got the auto reject on my bids. If I wanted the roll, I would not pay over $800.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
21123 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  12:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Caveat emptor, as they say.
"The value of something is what you can sell it for the same day you bought it."

Bedrock of the Community
United States
12022 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  1:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Walk away. It is not a treasure.
Valued Member
United States
485 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  3:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with moxking.

Solotime, What makes you think it's unsearched?
Edited by SilverDollar2017
01/13/2018 3:13 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2106 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2018  02:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add solotime to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think they aren't searched. I just think they might not be searched for which grades they are.

I ended up buying 10 BU buffalo's online from someone and now waiting for them to come in.
Got no idea how many weeks or days it will take.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5260 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2018  03:01 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For BU Buffs, I think individual coin purchases are best. Maybe a small lot if you are sure of what you're getting. "Unsearched Original Buffalo nickel Roll" triggers my spidey-sense for some reason.
"When you make the finding yourself - even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light - you'll never forget it."
-Carl Sagan

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05