Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Newfoundland Collectors Unite!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7
Valued Member
Canada
121 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2018  3:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cdngmt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess I can throw my hat in this ring too, but its mostly a chase and no prize. {that is I bid a lot but most often lose} Have a few lower grade less common coins, and some better commons
Valued Member
Canada
284 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2018  6:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KHatt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also collect Newfoundland coins, I have a circulated type set (except gold $2) and am starting on a 1c date set.
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2018  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jkurpick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Count me in. I bought a worn $2 gold piece and it ended up being an 1880. Having it certified as genuine.

Also have a worn 1873 5 Cent piece with a lump where the H mint-mark would be. Trying to drum up high-res pictures of 1873-H and 1873 to determine die varieties and prove it's an 1873-H.

Have many VF-AU coins and some Mint State.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2407 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2018  05:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At the RCNA Convention, next month here just SW of Toronto, the Newfie collectors will be gathering, meeting, and swapping show-and-tells ... they have a very active, small cadre of folks who have published and shown some very important items.
Canada
1 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2018  10:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Newfie1880 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Collector from Newfoundland. Just signing up, saw the comments regarding East Coast Coins. And have to say Rod, the owner, is #1. Would recommend to anyone if you're visiting Newfoundland. Recently completed my Newfoundland set. At least 90% came from ECC. Tons of great deals and tons of great discussions regarding Newfoundland coinage; from grading, to scarcity... Learnt a lot from Rod.

Pillar of the Community
United States
790 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2018  5:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bosox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rod is a great guy.
Learn More...
United States
72053 Posts
Learn More...
Canada
8463 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2018  9:35 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF, always happy to welcome another NFLD collector here!
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8432 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2018  10:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ jkurpick

To the Forum.
Valued Member
Canada
361 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2018  5:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin-Flipper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Count me in, I love all the coins from nfld. So scarce and so much part of the Canadian history. Recent purchase from the Bay; 1947c 5 cent
Valued Member
Canada
361 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2018  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin-Flipper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

- Recent purchase -

Learn More...
United States
72053 Posts
Valued Member
Canada
361 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2018  06:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin-Flipper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you jbuck.
Valued Member
Canada
327 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2018  08:17 am  Show Profile   Check TheDeductible's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TheDeductible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice 1918 indeed.

I love to see all the Newfoundland collectors on here!!

Valued Member
United States
362 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2019  08:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does anyone here know if the book by Barry Borsellino was ever published?

https://www.rcna.ca/numisnotes/ext....t=view&id=59

I'd certainly be interested in a copy.
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.08 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05