Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Newfoundland collectors unite!

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
Canada
112 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2018  3:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cdngmt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess I can throw my hat in this ring too, but its mostly a chase and no prize. {that is I bid a lot but most often lose} Have a few lower grade less common coins, and some better commons
Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
284 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2018  6:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KHatt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also collect Newfoundland coins, I have a circulated type set (except gold $2) and am starting on a 1c date set.
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2018  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jkurpick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Count me in. I bought a worn $2 gold piece and it ended up being an 1880. Having it certified as genuine.

Also have a worn 1873 5 Cent piece with a lump where the H mint-mark would be. Trying to drum up high-res pictures of 1873-H and 1873 to determine die varieties and prove it's an 1873-H.

Have many VF-AU coins and some Mint State.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2079 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2018  05:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At the RCNA Convention, next month here just SW of Toronto, the Newfie collectors will be gathering, meeting, and swapping show-and-tells ... they have a very active, small cadre of folks who have published and shown some very important items.
Canada
1 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2018  10:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Newfie1880 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Collector from Newfoundland. Just signing up, saw the comments regarding East Coast Coins. And have to say Rod, the owner, is #1. Would recommend to anyone if you're visiting Newfoundland. Recently completed my Newfoundland set. At least 90% came from ECC. Tons of great deals and tons of great discussions regarding Newfoundland coinage; from grading, to scarcity... Learnt a lot from Rod.

Pillar of the Community
United States
738 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2018  5:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bosox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rod is a great guy.
Learn More...
United States
63364 Posts
Learn More...
Canada
8154 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2018  9:35 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF, always happy to welcome another NFLD collector here!
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
6071 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2018  10:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ jkurpick

To the Forum.
Valued Member
Canada
70 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2018  5:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin-Flipper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Count me in, I love all the coins from nfld. So scarce and so much part of the Canadian history. Recent purchase from the Bay; 1947c 5 cent
Valued Member
Canada
70 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2018  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin-Flipper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

- Recent purchase -

Learn More...
United States
63364 Posts
Valued Member
Canada
70 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2018  06:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin-Flipper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you jbuck.
Valued Member
Canada
243 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2018  08:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheDeductible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice 1918 indeed.

I love to see all the Newfoundland collectors on here!!

Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.87 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05