Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1957-D BIE Cent ID Help Needed!  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5571 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2018  11:04 pm Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I had some time to examine a few BIEs I have tonight to try and label them. I believe I found them all except for one. There are many listings for 1955-D, but I couldn't find one that was exactly right.

I also noticed the new organization of listings based on size/position of the break. I believe this one should be in either the EL+ or DL+ categories. There are also two reverse die chips on the left wheat stalk that should be a notable marker. What do you think?

Sorry about the pics. They're the best I can get with my phone.

Date/MM position:

Reverse Die Chips:

The others that I was able to identify are:

LDB4-1951D-018 4EL+
LDB4-1955D-028 4EL+
LDB4-1957-043 4F+
LDB4-1957D-044 4EL
"When you make the finding yourself - even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light - you'll never forget it."
-Carl Sagan

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Edited by spruett001
01/17/2018 01:33 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
907 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2018  11:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, Spruett. Nice BIE.

A while back, I was trying to find a good place to attribute these. Where do you go to look these up?

Thanks.
Edited by Bump111
01/16/2018 11:16 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4898 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2018  11:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Having a sense of humor is the greatest thing God gave you! Have fun using it!

Working on Whitman Large Cent date set album 1793-1857 (45 pcs of 64 total)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
907 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2018  11:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Doh!!

I should have gone there first. Thanks.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1376 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2018  11:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6566 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2018  12:22 am  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
LBD4-55D008 4EL a bit earlier but what's interesting is the die marker on reverse is a match for the 004 4DL. All that means is a possible same reverse die or a different die state. I think by what I see, I see multiples of the same progressive chip listed as 8 -12 different entries...they look different states of same die error. The oo4-4DL could precede yours
Books on Doubled Dies and Error Coins:
Coin IDing For Dummies Vol. 1, "The Minting process and Doubled Dies" (PDF format)
Coin IDing for Dummies Vol. 2, "Error coins and More!" (PDF format)
Find both here: http://goccf.com/t/296596

"Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press and a disarmed populace."
James Madison
Edited by Crazyb0
01/17/2018 12:29 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5571 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2018  01:47 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the input. That's what makes it difficult using CoC. Different progressive states of breaks are given a different number even though they are actually from the same die and it's obvious.

I see what you mean, Crazyb0, about the 004 reverse die chip and the possibility of it being used with other obverse dies. That's a bit of a weakness in using reverse die markers for something like this.

It was pretty easy last time, so maybe I will send it to JC and see what he thinks. Even if it is just an earlier/later die state of another listing, it seems it would get its own designation.
"When you make the finding yourself - even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light - you'll never forget it."
-Carl Sagan

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05