Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Walking Back In Time From 1600 To Antiquity By Decades (V2.0)

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 20
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10333 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2018  9:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok so now we are at 2:2. @eddiediz, is it your preference to hold out for a while longer or loosen our definition of a decade?
"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10333 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2018  5:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We are still all tied up as to whether to proceed or not, so we can stay in a holding pattern here for some time longer. Maybe I'll have to pick up something from the 1140s to move us forward.

While I'm digging around vcoins, here is a Denier from the Kingdom of Jerusalem (Crusader State) that was minted between 1143 and 1163 AD. It doesn't move us forward despite starting in the correct decade because it was minted for more than a decade. It is attributed as CCS #18.

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10333 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2018  3:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lookin' for a coin minted in the 1140s.
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
1709 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2018  9:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So close ...
I did not post this earlier because I thought the date range was 20+ years, but I see here https://www.coinarchives.com/w/lotv...42e74ac51a3c that the date range is 1146-1157.

So here is my denar of Boleslaw IV of Poland (Gum. 88, Kop. 55?) in case we eventually decide to expand the range ... slightly (I think this is the closest to the 10 year rule that's been posted)

Edited by tdziemia
06/21/2018 9:36 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10333 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2018  4:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok that is a super coin! It looks like the date range on it is 12 years, which is a tad more than the 11 year "decade" that we have been usuing in this thread. For now let's stay on this decade and see if we can get even closer.
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
1709 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2018  8:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep. Just thought I'd post another coin from the era that's a bit closer on the decade rule.

Always a good thing to err on the side of posting more coins!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10333 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2018  12:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Always a good thing to err on the side of posting more coins!

-----King Adz
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10333 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2018  8:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bump to get this thread back on the front page. We are still looking for a coin minted in the 1140s AD.
-----King Adz
Learn More...
United States
68289 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10333 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2018  9:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bump!
-----King Adz
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10333 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2018  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bump! Looking for a coin minted in the 1140s AD.
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
646 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2018  10:13 pm  Show Profile   Check Jadey's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jadey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just discovered this thread. I have one I have labeled Manuel I 1143-1180. I'm trying to confirm that to be accurate. No guarantees.
Pillar of the Community
United States
646 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2018  10:27 pm  Show Profile   Check Jadey's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jadey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nevermind. I think mine is a 1185-1195 Isaac II Angelus.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4168 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2018  11:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Bump! Looking for a coin minted in the 1140s AD.

Closest I have is 1131-1141 and 1149-1163.
Learn More...
United States
68289 Posts
Page: of 20 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05