Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Walking Back In Time From 1600 To Antiquity By Decades (V2.0)

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 20
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
833 Posts
 Posted 12/22/2018  08:00 am  Show Profile   Check Jadey's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jadey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Closest I have is 1131-1141 and 1149-1163.

The rules state that we're going by decades where the first year of mint is in the specified decade, so 1140-1149. The second one will meet the current criteria, and the first will meet the next criteria of 1130-1139.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2064 Posts
 Posted 12/22/2018  09:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coin also needs to have a date range of 10 years or fewer. We expanded that rule once for a coin that had a range of about 11 years.

So that second coin mentioned by pepactonius won't qualify.

I think there are a lot of Hungarian coins "waiting in the wings" for the decade of the 1130s, since Bela II was a prolific coiner.

Maybe time for another vote to relax the rule again for this decade? At 12 years, my Polish denar (1146-57) moves us forward.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11936 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2018  07:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Maybe time for another vote to relax the rule again for this decade?

I had floated this idea a few months back and, while the vote was split, more people wanted to keep it at 11 years than expand to 12. Let's stay here at least through the end of the year and then I can see if the majority of folks would like us to go for the date range expansion.
"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11936 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2019  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Quarterly bump! Looking for a coin minted in the decade of the 1140s.
"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Learn More...
United States
73250 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11936 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2019  9:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@jbuck, I'm doin' the best I can, but this is a really hard decade to find an appropriate coin and a more regular bump schedule isn't on the top of my mind. I suppose one nice thing about this taking awhile is I've been able to fill in a little on some coins from the 5th through the 9th centuries...
-----King Adz
Learn More...
United States
73250 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2019  08:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know you are and I hope you did not take my previous reply as condemnation.

Looking back I can see its intent is ambiguous.

Quote:
I suppose one nice thing about this taking awhile is I've been able to fill in a little on some coins from the 5th through the 9th centuries...

Page: of 20 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05