Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Walking Back In Time From 1600 To Antiquity By Decades (V2.0)

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 490 / Views: 29,529Next Topic
Page: of 33
Valued Member
United Arab Emirates
79 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2020  10:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mohammadaak to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got you covered

740-749 CE. Umayyad, very rare bronze fals, citing the governor Zuhayr ibn Abi 'Alqama, with the interesting phrase on the obverse "la hawla wa la quwwata illa billah" ("there is neither power nor ability except through God"). Minted at Al-Mawsil (Mosul, Iraq). The fals date is placed within 745 CE.

Valued Member
United Arab Emirates
79 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  03:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mohammadaak to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Decade 730-739, Umayyad gold dinar, ruler Hisham ibn 'Abd Al-Malik, dated AH 118 (736 CE).

Valued Member
United Arab Emirates
79 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2020  01:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mohammadaak to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For 720-729

Umayyad gold dinar, Yazid II, dated AH 105 (723-724 CE), very rare date. ANACS graded AU50

Learn More...
United States
18290 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2020  1:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is truly an amazing run of Dinars in your collection @mo. Well done.

For today, I have an Umayyid Dirham minted at Wasit in 723/4 AD.

Pretty soon I think that we will be leaving the Umayyid Caliphate and switching over to some Arab-Sasanian coins.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Valued Member
United Arab Emirates
79 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2020  05:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mohammadaak to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Spence. I should have most decades of Arab Sasanian dirhams covered.

For 710-719 CE

Umayyad gold dinar, Al-Walid I, year AH 94 (712-713 CE)

Learn More...
United States
18290 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2020  2:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I should have most decades of Arab Sasanian dirhams covered.

Ok super--we are making amazing progress with this thread recently!

For the decade of the 710s, I have this Umayyad Dirham minted in Damascus around 718 AD:

-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Learn More...
United States
18290 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2020  08:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For today, I have an Arab-Sasanian Dirham minted at Sijistan in 700/701 AD. I have it attributed as Album 38A.

-----Ghanaian proverb

-----King Adz

Valued Member
United Arab Emirates
79 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2020  01:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mohammadaak to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To catch up with yesterday,

700-709 CE

Umayyad gold dinar, 'Abd Al-Malik, dated AH 86 (705 CE)

Valued Member
United Arab Emirates
79 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2020  01:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mohammadaak to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For today's decade 690-699

Arab Sasanian, silver dirham, ruler anti-Umayyad Kharijite rebel 'Atiya ibn Al-Aswad, mint KLMAN-NAWGY (New Jiroft), dated AH 75 (694-695 CE).

Learn More...
United States
18290 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2020  8:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a very nice Dirham @mo. We are ready to move back to the decade of the 680s AD, which unfortunately is a hole for me.
-----Ghanaian proverb

-----King Adz

Valued Member
United Arab Emirates
79 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2020  12:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mohammadaak to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
680-689

Umayyad caliphate, Arab Sasanian series, silver dirham (based on drachm style), in name of infamous governor 'Ubayd Allah ibn Ziyad, minted in ST (Istakhr), year AH 61 (680-681)

Valued Member
United Arab Emirates
79 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2020  07:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mohammadaak to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
670-679

Umayyad caliphate, Arab-Sasanian series, in name of governor Ziyad ibn Abi Sufyan, minted in BYSh (Bishapur), year AH 54 (673-674 CE).

Learn More...
United States
18290 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2020  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice work @mo!
-----Ghanaian proverb

-----King Adz

Learn More...
United States
18290 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2020  6:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is my Arab-Sasanian Drachm for this decade. I believe minted at al-Basra in AH 57 (676-677 AD) and attributed as Album 12.

-----Ghanaian proverb

-----King Adz

Learn More...
United States
18290 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2020  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For the decade of the 660s, here is a Byzantine Tremissis minted at Syracuse between 662 and 668 AD. I have it attributed as Sear 1102.

Tomorrow we can drop back to the decade of the 650s!
-----Ghanaian proverb

-----King Adz

Page: of 33 Previous TopicReplies: 490 / Views: 29,529Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05