Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Can we post a complete commemorative collection?

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 69
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15719 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2018  9:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Love the circulation cameo on your example, Nickelsearcher.
Pillar of the Community
United States
866 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2018  12:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Beefer518 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
145 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2018  12:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coronet1832 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin, Beefer! I like the toning around the edges.

Here's mine - unfortunately I don't have a good photography setup.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1100 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2018  01:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One of my first purchases on picking up the hobby again. I'm not fond of the spots but it's a nice strike and has good luster.

Working on: Peace dollars (two to go), US type (Bust era), Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens.

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15719 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2018  09:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A beautiful group of bears so far. If you are reading this and don't own any classic silver commemoratives you really should look at the mintage, prices, and availability. Even having a few helps a collection of US coins shine. Here is my own bear:

Note that the scratches are on the holder, not the coin.

Edited by moxking
02/23/2018 09:04 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
5411 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2018  09:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The California coin is one of my favorites and was one of the first 5 of the early commemoratives added to my collection.
Valued Member
United States
246 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2018  2:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add peaece13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My humble submission for the Bridgeport Commemorative 1936.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28267 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2018  3:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice, and all of the Californias above are knockouts. Another iconic design,
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6398 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2018  7:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing coin to modern collectors who enjoy the evocative images ...

This 1925 California design by Joseph Mora was nearly shot down by the USA Commission of Fine Arts ... with notable member James Earl Fraser (designer of the Buffalo nickel) calling the work 'inexperienced and amateurish'

Today .. we enjoy the coin as a lovely symbol of California.

My well circulated example ... a bright pocket piece that was likely carried for many years to get to here:

1925 California Diamond Jubilee Half Dollar - PCGS G04

Enjoy
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Valued Member
United States
202 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2018  11:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TreeMonkey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This coin was difficult to photograph or I did a poor job of it. Looks better in hand.

Pillar of the Community
United States
866 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2018  12:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Beefer518 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
California Pacific International Exposition, 1935-36

AKA

San Diego

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1100 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2018  12:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mine is only MS64

Working on: Peace dollars (two to go), US type (Bust era), Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens.

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Valued Member
United States
145 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2018  12:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coronet1832 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coins Super fun to see what everyone has.

Here's mine (again, poorly photographed)

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6398 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2018  05:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The San Diego half dollar is often found with bright flashy surfaces and lovely to view in MS. It's takes a true fan to appreciate an example in honestly circulated state.

1935-S San Diego Half Dollar - PCGS VF20

Enjoy
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
866 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2018  1:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Beefer518 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nickelsearcher, I'm enjoying the circulated commems. It seems almost everyone (myself included) collects the MS state coins, but it's nice and interesting to see how these also circulated for some time. Something that I expect will never happen with the moderns, unless by accident.
Page: of 69 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05