Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Can we post a complete commemorative collection?

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 69
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
30325 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2018  1:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coronet - Knockout, congrats!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6478 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2018  8:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Something that I expect will never happen with the moderns

I have a few of those as well Beefer ... will show them on the appropriate day.

Please understand that I as well am thrilled with my MS commemorative set ... but my collecting passion is these lovely coins in honest circulated state.

More to come.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Valued Member
United States
145 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2018  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coronet1832 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@nickelsearcher - am thrilled to see what you have to add. Collecting can be very narrowing so it's great to see when it can be expanded.
Pillar of the Community
United States
866 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2018  12:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Beefer518 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This post will return at a later time....
Edited by Beefer518
02/25/2018 08:15 am
Learn More...
United States
63580 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
866 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2018  12:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Beefer518 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EDIT

oops
Edited by Beefer518
02/25/2018 08:14 am
Learn More...
United States
63580 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2018  01:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I started making these for some of the commems, and will eventually do something similar for all of them.
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6478 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2018  06:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
While your commentary is spot on Beefer .... I believe by original schedule today is the 1951 - 1954 Carver/Washington half dollars. You'll need to wait until tomorrow to view my truly rare circulated Cincinnati.

1952 Carver-Washington Half Dollar - PCGS VG08

Enjoy
Pillar of the Community
United States
866 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2018  08:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Beefer518 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your right Nickel. The Dansco commem album is the only other place I've seen the coin listed as the Carver-Washington.

My contributions;

Pillar of the Community
United States
682 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2018  08:26 am  Show Profile   Check BadDog's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll add a another '52 to the mix
Edited by BadDog
02/25/2018 08:27 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
866 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2018  08:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Beefer518 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This forum really needs a 'LIKE' button!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6478 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2018  10:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
... in particular for your lovely toned 1954-S example. Simply gorgeous.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
30325 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2018  10:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beefer - Those are beautiful. A "LIKE" button wouldn't do them justice.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1774 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2018  11:18 am  Show Profile   Check bandsdean's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add bandsdean to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This San Diego was the 1st Commemorative I bought back in 1998. Paid $90.00 back then. Not a good investment but who collects coins to make money? Also, here is my example of a Carver. About 18 years ago a dealer I frequented would sell Columbians, Booker T's, Carvers and Stone Mountains for a tiny premium over scrap. So I always picked them up when he had them.

Valued Member
United States
145 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2018  11:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coronet1832 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll add in my 1951-S.

Page: of 69 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.96 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05