Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Can we post a complete commemorative collection?

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 69
Learn More...
United States
60393 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2018  1:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I believe that the modern 2009 Abraham Lincoln Commemorative Silver Dollar would come first.
It is listed at "Lincoln, Abraham Bicentennial, 2009"
Valued Member
United States
145 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2018  2:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coronet1832 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your feedback on this challenge. To make it easier to plan, I've added dates for each commemoration and I included the Norse medal per Commems well-reasoned argument.

The alphabetization is from the Red Book - hence Lincoln, Abraham Bicentennial
Edited by Coronet1832
02/08/2018 2:26 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
626 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2018  2:41 pm  Show Profile   Check BadDog's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And what RedBook would that be?

My "A Guide Book of United States coins Large Print Edition 2018" page 343 lists the coin as (2009) Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial silver dollar.

BTW, the next coin that this edition of the RedBook lists is the 2010 American Veterans Disabled for Life silver dollar. Another coin not in your alphabetized list.

Even further BTW, my "A Guide Book of United States coins MEGA RED 2017", lists these two coins by the same name. So, again, what RedBook are you using? These are the only two that I have that are this recent and include these coins.
Edited by BadDog
02/08/2018 2:46 pm
Valued Member
United States
145 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2018  2:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coronet1832 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
And what RedBook would that be?

My "A Guide Book of United States coins Large Print Edition 2018" page 343 lists the coin as (2009) Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial silver dollar.

Ahh, of course they would change it! I have the 2017 edition. Oh well, I tried.

Quote:
BTW, the next coin that this edition of the RedBook lists is the 2010 American Veterans Disabled for Life silver dollar. Another coin not in your alphabetized list.

That coin is in the list - it's on 2/11.
Edited by Coronet1832
02/08/2018 2:53 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28267 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2018  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I mean, whatever the Coronet1832 wants to do. I just want to see more coins!
Pillar of the Community
United States
626 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2018  4:03 pm  Show Profile   Check BadDog's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

but for some reason I feel like today

Quote:
... and I included the Norse medal per Commems well-reasoned argument.

So, since you're buying this argument (I don't BTW ) then you should also be including as part of the modern commemorative series:

- September 11 2011, National Medal
- 1993 Benjamin Franklin Firefighters Medal
- 1988 Young Astronauts Medal
- 1972-76 American Revolution Bicentennial Medals

as I believe commems argument holds equally well for these medals in that each was Congressionally authorized and signed into law by the current President, i.e., they weren't struck solely by the authority of the Secretary of the Treasury as many medals are. BTW, I also believe that few, if any, collectors consider these medals to part of the modern commemorative series.
Edited by BadDog
02/08/2018 4:11 pm
Learn More...
United States
60393 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2018  4:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think the list should be left as it is now.

If anyone feels like something has been left out (either now or along the way), then post it on June 16th.
Pillar of the Community
United States
822 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2018  4:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If anyone feels like something has been left out (either now or along the way), then post it on June 16th.

Sounds like a good day for posting our 2018 commemoratives too
Searching for some US modern coins (cents through dollars) via my want list.
Learn More...
United States
60393 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2018  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Sounds like a good day for posting our 2018 commemoratives too
Yes!
Learn More...
United States
60393 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2018  4:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay, the list has been updated in the original topic post. Take a look. Know it. Live it.

Pillar of the Community
United States
866 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2018  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Beefer518 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm waiting for Moxking's Alabama.....

Commems; those are some sweet Alabamas!
Valued Member
United States
145 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2018  5:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coronet1832 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15719 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2018  5:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry guys and gals. I have none of my commemorative book photographed and I will do so this weekend and update to the current date.

I only have one Alabama, but it's a 66
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8688 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2018  6:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great thread and gorgeous coins so far!

I'll be able to join in the fun in about 12 days.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28267 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2018  6:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
mox - Nice to hear from you.

You made bail already?
Page: of 69 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.08 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05