Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Can we post a complete commemorative collection?  

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 69
Pillar of the Community
United States
864 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  02:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Beefer518 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
476 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  09:17 am  Show Profile   Check BadDog's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's another Sesqui. This one is raw, so no PCGS TrueView photos this time, just my own
Valued Member
United States
145 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  12:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coronet1832 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful quarter eagle Commems! Super fun to see
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
26754 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  1:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beefer and BadDog's Sesquis couldn't look much more different!
Pillar of the Community
United States
864 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  1:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Beefer518 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like color, what can I say? :)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
964 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  1:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Working on: Franklin halves (now complete!), Peace dollars (three to go), US type (Bust era), and just started Chinese pandas.

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Edited by Alpha2814
02/11/2018 1:19 pm
Valued Member
United States
145 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  1:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coronet1832 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing Alpha. I'm really enjoying seeing that quarter eagle - hadn't really looked at the design before.
Valued Member
United States
145 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  1:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coronet1832 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sure I could Google this, but the Liberty Bell reverse on the half dollar looks so close to the Franklin reverse. Any connection?

Update: NVM - found this 1948 press release on the US Mint website:

Quote:
The Liberty Bell representation on the reverse of the coin was adapted by Mr. Sinnock from one which he modeled for a commemorative half dollar issued for the Sesquicentennial of American Independence in 1926. The bell is suspended from its familiar wooden beam, with the time-honored crack in the bell discernible. The lettering E Pluribus Unum is inscribed at one side of the bell, and the American eagle appears at the other.
Edited by Coronet1832
02/11/2018 2:05 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1668 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  2:48 pm  Show Profile   Check bandsdean's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add bandsdean to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice ones so far! The buffalo proof is one of the few modern proof coins I like.
Learn More...
United States
12933 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  10:04 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Pillar of the Community
United States
5259 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  11:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow I didn't remember the recycled design on the gold coin to the 1976 Kennedy half.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
964 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  11:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Right. The reverse of each of these were reworked for later halves. That's kinda cool.
Working on: Franklin halves (now complete!), Peace dollars (three to go), US type (Bust era), and just started Chinese pandas.

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Valued Member
United States
476 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  01:09 am  Show Profile   Check BadDog's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a proof version of the Disabled Vets Commemorative. Scratch on the reverse is on the slab.

Valued Member
United States
145 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  01:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coronet1832 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice toning on your Independence Half Fuzzy (and another great quarter eagle). And great pic and coin BadDog!
Edited by Coronet1832
02/12/2018 01:42 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11632 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  03:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

GoldRush58 - GR58
Page: of 69 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05