Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Can we post a complete commemorative collection?  

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 69
Valued Member
United States
145 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2018  7:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coronet1832 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What a great show! Thanks everyone for sharing what you have.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4075 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2018  7:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Debrajc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These commemorative coins are just beautiful!

I haven't even filled the 4 slots on my 7070 yet,
but am getting a lot of ideas from this thread!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
26694 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2018  7:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
mox - Thanks. I just love this issue and no one else has shown one. We'll forgive you for the 65 grade but please let's get a better one!
Edited by Coinfrog
02/15/2018 7:51 pm
Valued Member
United States
145 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2018  7:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coronet1832 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Also, I know you put a ton of work into getting that list prepared. In the future you may wish to consider the "normal" names used. For example, I don't know where you found the Sesquicentennial listed in such an odd place, nor the Bay Bridge.

@moxking - I used my edition of the 2017 Red Book, thinking it was a standard and they'd had time to figure this out, which obviously proved to be wrong, have errors, and other problems—already I see repetitions on the list that I'm unable to edit and fix. I did my best.
In the meantime, I'm sure enjoying seeing what everyone has—these are some gorgeous coins!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15571 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2018  8:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coroner. No harm, no foul. It is a great idea to have a renewed thread on all things commemorative.

I have my binder in the same order as what NGC and PCGS use primarily because I prefer nice TPG protection, especially when some of the set is several thousand dollars each.

When I was taking photos I had to go several pages back to pull the Sesquicentennial, then I saw the Bay Bridge was under San Francisco.

You know us coin people are enormously picky, sometimes to our own detriment. You did a great job of trying your best to get a great thread started.

So you Bald Eagle folks, please don't send your minions after me for the Bay Bridge.

Read above and see that's that Frog's fault
Pillar of the Community
United States
864 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2018  10:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Beefer518 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mox - I'm thrilled to finally get to see some of yours without having to buy them from you! (LOL) I'm loving that Antietam!

Which brand are those slab pages you use, Eagle, or Lighthouse? I've been considering getting them for my commems.

And as for the Bay Bridge, I hope I'm still in line when you upgrade. I'm not as patient, and had some eBay bucks, so I grabbed an NGC MS62 for myself (for a net cost of $0). Not great, but I couldn't beat the price.

Those eagles are great! I especially like CollegeBarbers variety. Thanks for sharing.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15571 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2018  11:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey All. I've had several PM's and inquiries about the 9 pocket slab pages. Here are the answers.

You can fit any slab made into a pocket, even the old ANACS, or the old fat NGC. The newer size NGC and PCGS fit nice and snug with no problem fitting them in or taking them out.

I put a black heavy cardboard sheet between each page so the you are only seeing the coins on top, and to help keep the pages from rubbing against one another. It doesn't seem to harm the pages if they are rubbing against a black mat. Sorry I can't help with where those black mats come from as my wife supplies them!

The 9 pockets pop into place on all four corners and four center tabs. Easy to close, easy to open.

They are the Lighthouse brand Encap Sheets, as they are called. Wizard sells them for the best price at $5.89 for 2 pages. So spending $30 or so will get you pockets for 90 slabs.

FAIR WARNING - If you have never visited Wizards before give someone your credit cards, have your wife change your paypal account without you knowing the new password, and wrap some bacon around your check book and give it to your dog.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
26694 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2018  12:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
961 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2018  12:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nobody has a Bill of Rights (1993)? We're already more than halfway through Friday, server time.
Working on: Franklin halves (now complete!), Peace dollars (three to go), US type (Bust era), and just started Chinese pandas.

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Valued Member
United States
465 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2018  2:02 pm  Show Profile   Check BadDog's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nobody has a Bill of Rights (1993)? We're already more than halfway through Friday, server time.

Well, I wasn't going to post these, as they're only PR68DCAMs (at some point I'll upgrade to a 69s) and I figured someone would post better examples. Since no one has, I'll go ahead and start it off

and

Edited by BadDog
02/16/2018 2:26 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
7489 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2018  2:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like we are still missing the Half Dollar...

Sets in progress... Mercury dimes, Washington quarters, 7070 Type Set
View my collection here! http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10518
ANA: 3183215
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
961 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2018  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Well, I wasn't going to post these, as they're only PR68DCAMs...

If you hadn't told us, I doubt we'd have seen the difference. I do like the gold though, and even the half dollar looks appealing.
Working on: Franklin halves (now complete!), Peace dollars (three to go), US type (Bust era), and just started Chinese pandas.

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Valued Member
United States
145 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2018  4:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coronet1832 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
864 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2018  5:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Beefer518 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
^ in spades. It's not about who has the best coin, but a chance to showcase all of the commems, from PO-1's, to PF-70s, and everything in between. Details examples will also be presented (by me for sure).

It lets us see coins we don't have, or weren't familiar with. Perfect example is (as I said above) CollegeBarber's Eagle. As I'm not particularly into moderns, I never really noticed that one before. Now I want to get one!

P.S. - your 68 is 68 grades better then mine!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11628 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2018  10:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
UNC versions

Half dollar

UNC Dollar

GoldRush58 - GR58
Page: of 69 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05