Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Can we post a complete commemorative collection?

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 69
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11872 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2018  12:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1998 S Black Patriot

GoldRush58 - GR58
Valued Member
United States
145 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2018  01:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coronet1832 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice coins GR58 - thanks for sharing!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15719 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2018  09:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
BadDog, CC2012, & GR58 - Thanks for keeping us going. I'm very interested in what the new commemorative s look like, and seeing them helps me decide if I want to head in that direction or not.

Great to see all of the Bill of Rights, and the Black Patriot you added, GR58. It's really fun to see those newer issues as I've never really taken the time to look at them.

With the exception of my ASE set, I don't own a coin past 1964. I'll have my CSC finished later this month, and then I might have to make a decision to go with the new ones.

I do appreciate everyone's time in showing off all these great coins.
Valued Member
United States
145 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2018  4:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coronet1832 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like the Black Patriot design. Some of the others, not so much. The baby eagles in the nest is a little weird IMO.

The problem I have with the moderns is that there are so many of them. I'd like to get the golds, but don't think they'd ever be worth what the mint charges for them, and I think 2 dollars plus a half plus 1-2 gold every year is overkill. Since the half is clad, doubt it'll ever be worth what the mint charges for it. Granted, I'm not collecting to make money, but I also don't want to throw money away for no good reason.
Pillar of the Community
United States
866 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2018  12:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Beefer518 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, so here it is, Daniel Boone Day (actually, that's June 7, but for CCF, 2/18 works).

As some of you know, I was originally planning a raw and slabbed set of early commems, but I've kind of scrapped the idea of the raw set. Ironically, it seems now I'm starting to double up on slabs, NGC & PCGS, which I doubt my wallet will enjoy if I keep that up! Anyway, I digress. That's why I have a raw and a slabbed Boone...

(Click to enlarge)

Edited by Beefer518
02/18/2018 12:04 am
Valued Member
United States
145 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2018  01:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coronet1832 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Daniel Boone Commemorative

Pillar of the Community
United States
866 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2018  01:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Beefer518 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a nice looking Boone, Coronet1832. What does it grade at? Looks 65-66 to me.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6452 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2018  06:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can share a Boone half dollar:

1936 Boone Half - PCGS VF25

Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Edited by nickelsearcher
02/18/2018 06:21 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15719 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2018  09:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All lovely and I'm actually shocked at how much I enjoy that circulated example. I think if I saw that in a dealers case, I'd NEED it

On to Boone

Valued Member
United States
145 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2018  1:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coronet1832 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coins everyone

Quote:
That's a nice looking Boone, Coronet1832. What does it grade at? Looks 65-66 to me.

Thanks @Beefer518. PCGS graded it a 67.
Edited by Coronet1832
02/18/2018 5:31 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11872 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2018  3:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2010 P Boy Scout UNC

GoldRush58 - GR58
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
29437 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2018  4:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
mox - Super Boones, congrats.
Valued Member
United States
145 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2018  4:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coronet1832 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks GR58 for pulling through on the Boy Scouts!
Pillar of the Community
United States
646 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2018  6:09 pm  Show Profile   Check BadDog's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's my proof BSA commemorative. Both of my sons (not so little anymore) are Eagle Scouts. Never made that rank myself, but I enjoyed volunteering to help them attain it.

Valued Member
United States
145 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2018  6:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coronet1832 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Both of my sons (not so little anymore) are Eagle Scouts.

Never got there myself but am duly impressed by those who do - congrats to you and your sons!
Page: of 69 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05