Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Coins Representing The Animal Kingdom.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,664 / Views: 110,315Next Topic
Page: of 178
Valued Member
Russian Federation
57 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  10:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Grinya to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These are 2 sables on the Siberian 5 kopek coin!

Valued Member
Russian Federation
57 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  10:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Grinya to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And this is a Gryphon on the Quartaro of Republic of Genoa

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces83165.html
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
18647 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  12:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
These are 2 sables on the Siberian 5 kopek coin!/And this is a Gryphon on the Quartaro of Republic of Genoa

Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Sweden
857 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add erafjel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Nice to see some older creatures here!

I didn't know Siberia minted its own coins, nice to learn something too.
Valued Member
United States
392 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  6:26 pm  Show Profile   Check daltonista's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add daltonista to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

The little porcupine on this jeton of the French (and Neopolitan) King Louis XII dates back, roughly, to the end of the 15th century. The Order of the Porcupine, established by Louis' grandfather, was said to represent invincibility.

I never pay too much for my tokens...but every now and then I may buy one a little too soon.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
18647 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  9:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The little porcupine on this jeton of the French....

Very nice!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
18647 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  10:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1966 Philippines.
10 centavos.

Learn More...
United States
106270 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Sweden
857 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2021  09:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add erafjel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The little porcupine on this jeton of the French (and Neopolitan) King Louis XII

Lovely!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5175 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2021  3:22 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The little porcupine on this jeton.

I post this in jest. Not very often you come up with any sort of coin with a porcupine on it. Here is my example .

Edit: Could be argued that it is a hedgehog. Maybe?
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Edited by chafemasterj
10/18/2021 3:23 pm
Learn More...
United States
106270 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2021  4:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I post this in jest. Not very often you come up with any sort of coin with a porcupine on it. Here is my example .
Fantastic!

Quote:
Edit: Could be argued that it is a hedgehog. Maybe?
I can see it.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
18647 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2021  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1963 Jamaica.
Penny - Elizabeth II Arms without supporters.

Learn More...
United States
106270 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  09:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1963 Jamaica. Penny - Elizabeth II Arms without supporters.
Very nice!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
18647 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  4:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1972 Federal Republic of Germany.
10 Deutsche Mark

Learn More...
United States
106270 Posts
Page: of 178 Previous TopicReplies: 2,664 / Views: 110,315Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.57 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: