Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1972-D Memorial Cent DDO-006 ? picked up on the Bay for under a Buck!  

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
30088 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  12:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Keep in mind that not all attributers have the same school of thought. Thus they separate/disagree/tollerate/even listen to each other from time to time. So some of each others ideas are like theories. Some don't agree with each other, but are will to work with one another when time be needed. But probably 95% of the time they agree.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
2698 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  09:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
coop,
I totally get it and respect that.

If there is doubling on the master die, then all working hubs produced from the doubled master die will have the same doubling

My thought is: Ok, when the master die was produced with the coin’s design for that year ,there was no doubling on it, then in the process a doubling occur's on the Master die from there is transferred to working Hub then to working dies.
Isn't this TECHNICALLY still a Mint produced Double Die ?

And just for the sake of argument ,how can One be certain that for example the 1972 Cent in this topic is not a MDD ?

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
30088 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  12:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
True they are a mint produced doubled die, when 50% of the coin have this on them, then it is as common as a normal coin. So they are nothing special anymore. The sad part if the most non collectors don't even know that they exist, then it is our job to educate them. People go on eBay and buy junk coins, while the real varieties are snagged sometimes at a great bargain. Some Machine doubled coin were going for a ridiculous price and I picked up a die variety for a real low price. Years later when they go to sell their prize coin, they will either be told there or here that it is not a doubled die. Then be mad at whoever tells them that. Get ready they are coming for us......
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
2698 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  1:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very true, thanks coop.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5964 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Check CoinMasters's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CoinMasters to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not to be redundant, I'm just taking this opportunity to try out my new Die Order E-file.

Beauty is in the eye of the holder
http://www.ebay.com/sch/Coins-Paper...rne0&_sop=10
To discern fact from opinion, is to question.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2698 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for that CoinMasters simple and yet complete.
I am happy to see this post to have become a very useful and educational thread benefitting many.
Edited by Chase007
02/13/2018 8:39 pm
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05