Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is brown kraft paper safe for coins?  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
1873 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  9:27 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This is the brown unbleached paper you can find in rolls various places-it is probably the same stuff that brown paper bags are made of.

I am thinking mainly for rolling up common things like 1 and 5 cent coins.

Learn More...
United States
56944 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  08:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe it will contribute to toning. Hopefully others will comment before I have a chance to search for previous information.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8046 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  10:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I believe it will contribute to toning

, but if your rolling circulated coins the paper should not harm the coins . I would NOT put lusterfull UNC. coins in brown paper rolls .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Bedrock of the Community
United States
16547 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  11:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you don't know what the entire process was in making such items, you really don't know what chemicals are present so best not use that item for coins. And remember all manufacturers may well have different processes so even if you find some are safe, other similar products may not be.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
1175 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  11:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chesterb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes it's most likely safe but will tone whatever is touching the paper or paper fibers all sorts of different colors.
Edited by chesterb
02/13/2018 11:43 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
1873 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2018  06:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. I seem to recall that this famous collector Brand stored all his coins in paper envelopes.

Do you know if those coins toned over time?

Of course the envelopes were from the 1920s, so who knows what the manufacturing process was compared to now.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05