Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

UNREAL. "No Date / Missing Date" Lincoln Cent  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
691 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  9:01 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just came across this entry on the EvilBay for a grease-filled 1995 Lincoln cent.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1229467364...l_noapp=true

No where does the seller mention it's a 1995, but I could read it even without my reading glasses. One view has it in a reflection where you can't see the date, but in the other views the date is clearly visible.

Are greased die error really worth that much? I know the true "value" for something is whatever someone is willing to pay for it, but what sort of values do these really bring, roughly?

Les
Pillar of the Community
United States
9299 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  9:11 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What's sad is look down at the"what people are viewing" and see all the
that just keep buying this deleted by user and keeping these smucks in business. I used to kindly ask them to cease and desist but usually received deleted by user in return!

Edited by Crazyb0
02/13/2018 9:12 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
31295 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  9:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pretty good price. At least he is not asking more than what Fort Knox holds for it.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
3445 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cwb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
He has it listed as "Make Offer". Some sellers price the coin high and accept offers to see how much someone is willing to pay for it. It is a useful selling tool.
Pillar of the Community
United States
691 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  9:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wrote this turkey to tell him I thought his "Missing Date" claim was misleading because even I could tell it was dated as a 1995, and I told him he was in danger of upsetting buyers once they had the coin in hand. A also told him it was just a greased die, and *maybe* worth a nickel.

He promptly wrote back saying he turned down an offer of $15.00, which showed it certainly was worth more than a nickel. I guess he showed me. But as I said, in hand I bet it gets returned.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9299 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  10:01 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mercluver, It WON'T get returned for one of two reasons. Either the "fool" ("and his money are soon parted...")will realize he was taken and be too embarrassed to return it, or the "idiot" will actually think he has a true error, only who knows how long it will be until reality sinks in...years?

Edited by Crazyb0
02/13/2018 10:02 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
691 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  11:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I fear I have unwillingly helped to bring foot traffic to this turkey... he raised his price to $20.
Pillar of the Community
United States
677 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2018  09:07 am  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm guessing the title/description has changed from what was initially reported but it looks like a perfectly legit struck through error coin that I would value around $6 to $8. Doesn't seem unreasonable to ask $20 with make an offer and try for a bit higher if you're not in a hurry to sell the thing, although he probably should have taken a $15 offer as seems silly to hold out for what might be a dollar or two more.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05